I installed Dapper yesterday. Here are my thoughts after some hours of testing.

Installation on my system(*) went without problems, very easy and fast. best installation from 'live-cd' ever seen. 9.9 points

First Boot
Dapper boots relatively fast, about 20 seconds from grub I think. Yet I think 20 seconds is atleast 19 seconds too long. I want instant boot. When I am at it. This motherboard also use a litle eternity to reach Grub, shame on Asus. 5 points for boot speed.

Dapper Gnome Desktop
I like the new Dapper orange-brown look. I found the brownish gdm welcome screen a bit ugly, have replaced it with the other ubuntu welcome theme were three people hugging eachother(allmost), nice and a lot better, cant understand why it is not the default. As allways I think the Gnome themes are boring, grey grey grey and more grey. I would love a more red desktop with more passion. Though I admit the grey gnome gives clean cold business feel.

MP3 and DVD
Not supported out of the 'box' But easy to get support (have not tried DVD yet) minus 5 points

Nvidia-glx
Not supported out of the 'box' But easy to install yourself
Still a major problem to configure nvidia and X, like set up a second monitor TV for instance. I want a easy way to activating TV out whenever I feel like watching a movie from my computer. minus 10 points

Realtime kernel
Ubuntu does not offer a realtime kernel for 'professional' audio production. Shame. minus 10 points

Applications
A lot of applications is good. Some of my favorites does not work, including the MusE sequenser and FreeWheeling. Also the game Teg is useless as allways. minus 5 points

Summary
Not at all satisfied by Ubuntu. Most problems I can solve myself, like install a more colorful desktop, (maybe fluxbox), get my nose into xorg.conf and configure twinview (or something), apt-get dvd support. Yet the realtime kernel I can not fix myself ( have tried before only to destroy my system). Also compiling favorite applications can involve troubles.

Hopes for next Ubuntu release
1.realtime kernel
2.all programs should work

Hope that Portland Project makes a system so Ubuntu users can apt-get latest release of every free application on earth.

Asus k8n-dl motherboard
2 x opteron 265 cpu
4 GB registered RAM (kingston I think)
Nvidia GF 6600 silent