Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: Lubuntu One Stop Group

Quote Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
    Me too! Count me in.
    Mystika1
    Done!
    Welcome to LOSG

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianzo View Post
    count me in. Also, not really a geek but I may help translating something... cheers from Argentina (also asked to join in fb group)
    Done and Done. Just accepted your request on facebook.

Welcome to LOSG

@Everyone,

I wish I could see more activities by all of you. I know some of you are already active and helping a lot. Remember, this is NOT ALL about helping BUT also LEARNING which should come first. You can't help unless you learn
    How can you learn? but being active and help others to find a solution for their problems.
    Yes, it's so much like a loop and you can't do one thing without the other.

Enjoy and should you have any question, you know how to find me

HOOHAA

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Lightbulb Re: Lubuntu One Stop Group

Hello everyone-amjjawad is away for a bit, so he's asked me to make this post for him-

Lubuntu Marketing

Lubuntu is shaping up very nicely now, and 12.04 looks to be an exciting new release, with new native software, additional support, less bugs...the works.

Anyway, amjjawad, I, and several other people believe that Lubuntu needs more publicity and marketing to become as successful as the other *buntus. He would like feedback and ideas, you can post them here.

Anyone with connections of any sort is highly valued, but anyone can make contributions via ideas, artwork, multimedia, etc. If this turns out to be popular, we can probably maintain an IRC channel or something to discuss.

So, I hope to see contributions from each and every one of you, and ASAP.

Beans
    Distro

Nothing so far?

Lubuntu One Stop Group,

I hope everyone is fine and doing well.

I understand that everyone is busy with his/her Real Life issues and it's the holidays season, I guess? that's why I see less activities here.

Anyway, I did not start any new thread or did not send any email via mailing list regarding the marketing project.

Lubuntu, just like any other project, needs a marketing team. With all honesty in the world, this must be a team work ... 2 or 3 members will do nothing much, period. At least, one or two must be dedicated to Marketing.

Anyway, long story short, I'll wait for a month Maximum. I'll send an email via mailing list regarding that too. If there is no reply, then I'll just forget about it because one or two users/people can't do much, I'm afraid.

On a side note, because I'm jobless and because Computer Stuff is one of the best things I do, I might start a project or something that related to Linux. This will be on totally different thread

Hope to see some more activities and myself is included. I need to be active again. Few posts here and there is not what I used to do :/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Nothing so far?

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    Lubuntu One Stop Group,

I hope everyone is fine and doing well.

I understand that everyone is busy with his/her Real Life issues and it's the holidays season, I guess? that's why I see less activities here.

Anyway, I did not start any new thread or did not send any email via mailing list regarding the marketing project.

Lubuntu, just like any other project, needs a marketing team. With all honesty in the world, this must be a team work ... 2 or 3 members will do nothing much, period. At least, one or two must be dedicated to Marketing.

Anyway, long story short, I'll wait for a month Maximum. I'll send an email via mailing list regarding that too. If there is no reply, then I'll just forget about it because one or two users/people can't do much, I'm afraid.

On a side note, because I'm jobless and because Computer Stuff is one of the best things I do, I might start a project or something that related to Linux. This will be on totally different thread

Hope to see some more activities and myself is included. I need to be active again. Few posts here and there is not what I used to do :/
    Sorry, amjjawad, I feel I have failed you in your absence.

About the marketing, you already know I will, but come on people! Commitment please!

Beans
    Distro

Happy New Year Everyone :)

Dear all,

You have done an amazing job and showed a great effort to keep Lubuntu at its best in 2011. Please, carry on and do it even better in 2012 and I'm quite sure you all will

Forum Staff and Moderators: Thank you for ALL your support and help

Every member of this forum: THANK YOU is NOTHING ... wish you all the best

Every member and user of Lubuntu: What shall I say? you simple ROCK

Happy New Year and may all your dreams and wishes come true

I'm sure 2012 will be much better than 2011

Good Luck and happy 2012 in advance!

P.S.
    PLEASE, DO NOT reply and post off-topic posts. I'm greeting you as the creator of this thread and a member of this great family

Beans
    Distro

Lubuntu Sub-Teams

Everyone,

Please have a look at this

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams

Yes, Lubuntu Team is trying to re-structure and re-organize everything and hopefully soon, these teams will be ready to rock and roll.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can help you to choose the right team.

Remember, you do NOT have to join any team in order to help, support and contribute ... you know that you can do anything wherever you are

Just thought to keep everyone updated about that since One Stop Group has a specific job to do on the forum and it's someone like a sub-support team or group

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Lubuntu Sub-Teams

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    Everyone,

Please have a look at this

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams

Yes, Lubuntu Team is trying to re-structure and re-organize everything and hopefully soon, these teams will be ready to rock and roll.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can help you to choose the right team.

Remember, you do NOT have to join any team in order to help, support and contribute ... you know that you can do anything wherever you are

Just thought to keep everyone updated about that since One Stop Group has a specific job to do on the forum and it's someone like a sub-support team or group

Great, I think this should make things a little less chaotic.

Just a pointer, the dev team it seems is not free to join, I guess you have to ask on the mailing list? AFAIK, the other teams are fine.

Nothing against the dev team, I appreciate they need to keep the packages secure.

Oh yeah, and hi, hope you're okay.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Lubuntu Sub-Teams

Quote Originally Posted by MG&TL View Post
    Great, I think this should make things a little less chaotic.
    Indeed

Just a pointer, the dev team it seems is not free to join, I guess you have to ask on the mailing list? AFAIK, the other teams are fine.
    Nothing against the dev team, I appreciate they need to keep the packages secure.
    It's not that we want to close it, it's Launchpad and Canonical Policy so these sub-teams must be moderated and an approval is needed to join. You are already with us but ...

FOR ANYONE ELSE who would like to join, I'm ready to vouch for him/her
    But of course I need to know him/her first and help them to choose the right team that will help them to improve their skills.

Oh yeah, and hi, hope you're okay.
    Hi
    Yes, I'm fine as long as I'm back to action

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hi all you can count me in, if that's OK.
    I will try to change my location, but I don't have 50 beans yet so I've been locked out of my account, but I will try.
    Thank you.
    borunco

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Borunco View Post
    Hi all you can count me in, if that's OK.
    I will try to change my location, but I don't have 50 beans yet so I've been locked out of my account, but I will try.
    Thank you.
    borunco
    Hello and Welcome to a new world with absolutely no limits where you can set your imagination free and dream bigger

Congratulation for making the right move and you'll feel more than home here, you have my word

You need a signature instead of location. However, not sure if you can do that with less than 50 posts?!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast