Hi, I tried putting my tv card into my Ubuntu home server, running 11.04 Ubuntu Server so I could stream TV around the home to all my computers but the card seems to be causing the computer to shutdown at random times.

At first I though it was my CPU overheating as the temps were getting up to 80c so I bought and fitted a new CPU cooler, temps are now between 30-40c and the computer is still shutting down.

Then someone suggested the symptoms matched his, which turned out to be due to a failing power supply, so I fitted another power supply I had which is a 550w (old one was 450w), the computer continued to shutdown at random.

I have now taken the TV card out and the computer has not shutdown yet, so I'm assuming the TV card is the culprit.

I have searched around and apparently the linux kernel now has support for this TV card and I installed the bin file from the latest version of the Windows drivers (which apparently is the technique to use as the TV card worked fine when it was streaming using tvheadend), so does anyone know what could be causing the shutdown problem?

I have read that some hardware can cause Ubuntu to crash, am I just unlucky enough to have found something which does this?

Thanks for any help