Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Application for Ubuntu Membership - Dangertux

Beans

Re: Application for Ubuntu Membership - Dangertux

I have given this application a lot of thought. I agree that Dangertux is knowledgeable and a good participant on these Forums. However one of the primary prerequisites for membership is "sustained and significant contributions". Given Dangertux reletively short term membership on these Forums, 6 months at the time of writting I cannot see how this prerequisite has been met.

Given this I cannot support the application at this time although I am sure if the contributions are sustained membership become available in the not too distant future.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I have given this application a lot of thought. I agree that Dangertux is knowledgeable and a good participant on these Forums. However one of the primary prerequisites for membership is "sustained and significant contributions". Given Dangertux reletively short term membership on these Forums, 6 months at the time of writting I cannot see how this prerequisite has been met.

Given this I cannot support the application at this time although I am sure if the contributions are sustained membership become available in the not too distant future.
    Thank you for the time and effort put into rendering your decision. The honesty is greatly appreciated. As I have stated before, if the communal decision reflects this I would understand. Though my opinion is different, that's what makes a horse race as they say

Thanks again for the honesty and time taken to consider the application.

- DT -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Although Dangertux is a new member of this forum, and thus might have to wait a bit before his application becomes accepted, I would like to say that I support his application wholeheartedly. He is a very knowledgeable and helpful person and his expertise and kindness is a great asset to this community.

Good luck with your application DT!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I would like to add my support to your application DangerTux.

Having read what other's have said about the time you have served, I find that at the time of writing you are averaging over 7 support posts per day, and as we can all attest the information is not only of the very highest quality, but also in one of the most rare areas of knowledge.

I find myself referring to your work both in support and on my own systems! I think you have a lot to offer the community as a member. I was unsure about the time served issue that people have referred to in this thread, so I looked it up and noticed that 6 months is the minimum. As you are over that bottom limit, I hope that your continued input to the forums goes rewarded!

Keep up the fantastic work DangerTux and hopefully by keeping both the quality of your posts and the quantity over the next 2 months will see you made member!

All the best

Beans
    Hidden!

I support to your application DangerTux.

Good luck

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

First DT, sorry I didn't see this before.

I FULLY support your application.

DT is always ready and willing to give advice on these forums. Every time I have logged in he is on here. His advice is always solid. He has a vast understanding of security and vulnerabilities that most crackers don't. He is exactly what these forums need. He, along with haqking and I can't leave out CharlesA, have brought the security discussion section to life. If you haven't read his blog, you should.

That's all I got to say about that. (stolen from Forrest Gump) lol.

Edit: There are others that brouht the sec disc to life, but DT is the most active. There are several more, you know who you are.
    Last edited by jramshu; January 24th, 2012 at 03:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I haven't had the opportunity to meet and interact with Dangertux directly but, from everything I read from him in this forum, it became clear to me he's one of those guys that clearly should be in a membership / leardership position. I support meritocracy as the best way to choose our leaders and his knowledge of Linux/Ubuntu is unquestionably superior to that of most users and, thus, a valuable asset. To not offer the community recognition to such potential would be a waste.

But, above all that, he works for Nerv (look at his avatar) and I really hope to, one day, become an EVA pilot.

Good Luck

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456