Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Application for Ubuntu Membership - Dangertux

Beans

Re: Application for Ubuntu Membership - Dangertux

I thought I'd already added to this thread, but apparently not, so here goes....

+1 from me too, DangerTux is very knowledgeable and helpful and a real asset to UbuntuForums.
    Can't think of anything profound or witty.
    My Blog: http://gonzothegeek.blogspot.co.uk/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by spynappels View Post
    I thought I'd already added to this thread, but apparently not, so here goes....

+1 from me too, DangerTux is very knowledgeable and helpful and a real asset to UbuntuForums.

Thank you for the support and kind words

Beans

Dangertux's posts are always helpful and kind. He is a highly valuable member of the forums, and I give him my full support.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by IWantFroyo View Post
    Dangertux's posts are always helpful and kind. He is a highly valuable member of the forums, and I give him my full support.

Thank you for the support and kind words

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Dangertux is helpful and never condescending. I think he would be the exact type you should be looking for. Good luck!
    Last edited by poliltimmy; January 23rd, 2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Soul-Sing is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

A big +1 from me as well.
    Great comments, great never ending support. Great wiki/howto's.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by leoquant View Post
    A big +1 from me as well.
    Great comments, great never ending support. Great wiki/howto's.
    Thanks for the support.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm of the belief that people need to pay their dues when it comes to community stuff. It's not to take away from anything that you've done, as I'm sure some of you could run circles around me at certain things. All us geeks have our "specialties". And we do well. Dangertux is "worthy", but like most responses, time is a factor. How much time have you spent?

But Dangertux is definitely one of the top posters, from a quality standpoint. I enjoy reading his posts.
    Last edited by wolfen69; December 19th, 2011 at 07:44 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
    I'm of the belief that people need to pay their dues when it comes to community stuff. It's not to take away from anything that you've done, as I'm sure some of you could run circles around me at certain things. All us geeks have our "specialties". And we do well. Dangertux is "worthy", but like most responses, time is a factor. How much time have you spent?

But Dangertux is definitely one of the top posters, from a quality standpoint. I enjoy reading his posts.
    Well first thank you for your support. However, I'm going to use your reply as a spring board for an idea I've been batting back and forth in my head for a while and considered not posting.

Even the shortest duration of time, if given the proper chain of events can have an extreme impact. You can google the names of great individuals who's lives have been cut short, though their impressions on the world will last for hundreds or thousands of years.

Now this is hardly to say that my postings and support of this community will have that far reaching of an impact , as that would be a little callous and egotistical. However, I would encourage all of those with the time argument to realize that time spent is not necessarily equal to devotion. It can be a measure of it, however it is not necessarily the only factor involved.

That being said -- this is the internet and only a handful of you know anything about me personally. So whatever the decision, I love the community and will continue to be a part of it so long as I am welcome. So if I haven't "paid my dues" so to speak, then so be it.

P.S : Worrying about who would run circles around someone else is utterly futile. If I could run circles around anyone, I'm sure there is someone that could run them equally well around me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Perhaps I should have worded my post differently, and apologize if it came across the wrong way. But I do support your membership application. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by wolfen69; December 21st, 2011 at 04:32 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast