Thread: nvidia installation question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

nvidia installation question

I have an Nvidia 9400 GT card and I just got through installing the lastest drivers directly from the Nvidia website. I was successful in installing the driver and everything appears to be working well. However, I realize that if I upgraded my kernel that I would have to reinstall the nvidia drivers. How would I go about reinstalling them? Do I simply run the script again? Will it overwrite the old module? I don't want to run into one of those situations where I have two drivers running and they both cause conflicts with one another.

Oh, one more thing. I noticed that after disabling the nouveau drivers and installing the NVIDIA drivers that my boot screen has a really low resolution. How do I put this back to the resolution I had with the nouveau drivers?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: nvidia installation question

why dont you install nvidia-current from synaptic ? dkms deals with new driver package upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: nvidia installation question

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    why dont you install nvidia-current from synaptic ? dkms deals with new driver package upgrade
    I tried that since it seemed to be the easiest thing to do, however, my bootscreen still had the same low resolution to I tried the most recent drivers. Also, I already have the latest version installed and I'd rather use since I already have it up and working.

Has anyone gotten the boot screens to show at a higher resolution after upgrading?
    Last edited by nethero; October 30th, 2011 at 01:49 PM.