Thread: Truecrypt on Xubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Truecrypt on Xubuntu

Is anyone using truecrypt successfully on Xubuntu without having to install Nautilus?
    It installs & mounts ok, but everytime I try and open the volume I get the message, "No such file or directory:nautilus"
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Beans

Re: Truecrypt on Xubuntu

The volume should be mounted in the directory /media/tryuecrypt1. Simply navigate to it with Thunar.
    However, you can use this trick to "replace" nautilus with thunar: create a file called nautilus in /usr/bin with the following content:

#!/bin/bash
    exec thunar $3
    exit 0

Don't forget to make it executable!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks alenis.
    The 2nd idea worked perfectly.

Beans

Could someone please provide a quick tutorial on how to create the file mentioned in post #2 and how to make it executable? All I really know how to do in terminal is cd around the file system.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coltlacrosse View Post
    Could someone please provide a quick tutorial on how to create the file mentioned in post #2 and how to make it executable? All I really know how to do in terminal is cd around the file system.
    I actually think the way he suggested is a little inefficient. It would be a better idea to run this command:
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/bin/thunar /usr/bin/nautilus
    It'll ask you for your user password, enter it and it will create a file called "/usr/bin/nautilus" that links to "/usr/bin/thunar".

In case you still want to use the other method for whatever reason, then here's how:
    1: Open terminal
    2: Run "sudo gedit /usr/bin/nautilus" (replace gedit with whatever text editor Xubuntu uses)
    3: Copy+paste
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    exec thunar $3
    exit 0

into it and save
    4: Run "sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/nautilus" (this is the command which makes something executable)

Also, it would probably be a better idea to create a new thread asking how do do this, rather than resurect one from 2011.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.