Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing over to lubuntu 11.10

Beans

Changing over to lubuntu 11.10

I have the full version ubuntu 11.04 and I want to switch to lubuntu 11.10. I have downloaded it and it is in the download file or program (under Tools) Now how do I get it to ubdate from ubuntu11.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Changing over to lubuntu 11.10

Burn iso to cd or usb, then reinstall.
    /14.10

Beans

There are several ways to get to Lubuntu 11.10 (upgrade, complete reinstall, etc.). But whatever you do, make sure you backup all your critical data first. You don't want to lose anything important in the process.

Here's some more information on the general installation process:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Have you tried Startup Disk Creator in your administration menu? (Well, maybe not there in your version, but you can find it.) It's handy and easy, and it works with cd or flash drive.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Anderson View Post
    I have the full version ubuntu 11.04 and I want to switch to lubuntu 11.10. I have downloaded it and it is in the download file or program (under Tools) Now how do I get it to ubdate from ubuntu11.04
    Hi there,

You may find ALL what you are looking for here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755

One thing that you need to know is: If you are using Ubuntu 11.04 and you want to "switch" to Lubuntu, then the BEST way to do that is Clean Install, period. Make sure, as suggested, to backup ALL your important files before anything.

If you need anything, please ask.

Thank you!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    Have you tried Startup Disk Creator in your administration menu? (Well, maybe not there in your version, but you can find it.) It's handy and easy, and it works with cd or flash drive.
    *********************will that make a bootable thumb drive loaded with another operating system

Beans

I tried it once with a Debian .iso and it wouldn't boot...but it might work for you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    ******************I tried to make a bootable thumb drive with startup disk creator of linux mint ,but it wont boot. any ideas anyone

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

ubuntu 11.04 and I want to switch to lubuntu 11.10.
    Installing the 'lubuntu desktop' from Synaptic will give you the complete system also. It installs over ubuntu and pulls out packages it doesn't need. It may be simpler for you. That way you basically have two os's and you can choose one or the other from the log-in page.
    Sorry, I was thinking of something else, This is wrong info. boo
    Last edited by critin; November 1st, 2011 at 01:02 AM.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Anderson View Post
    ******************I tried to make a bootable thumb drive with startup disk creator of linux mint ,but it wont boot. any ideas anyone
    I think you could use something like UNetbootin...but probably better to ask over on the Linux Mint forums.
    Last edited by croque; November 1st, 2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: add quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast