View Poll Results: Did you upgrade to Dapper or reinstall ? Did you encounter problems?

Voters
563. You may not vote on this poll
  • I installed Dapper from cd and I have encountered big problems.

35 6.22%
  • I installed Dapper from cd and I have encountered some small problems.

77 13.68%
  • I installed Dapper from cd and I haven't encountered any problems at all.

112 19.89%
  • I dist-upgraded Breezy to Dapper using a graphical tool and I have encountered big problems.

75 13.32%
  • I dist-upgraded Breezy to Dapper using a graphical tool and I have encountered some small problems.

68 12.08%
  • I dist-upgraded using a graphical tool and I haven't encountered any problems at all.

32 5.68%
  • I dist-upgraded Breezy to Dapper from the terminal and I have encountered big problems.

38 6.75%
  • I dist-upgraded Breezy to Dapper from the terminal and I have encountered some small problems.

70 12.43%
  • I dist-upgraded Breezy to Dapper from the terminal and I haven't encountered any problems at all.

36 6.39%
  • Other. Please explain.

20 3.55%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: poll : Did you upgrade to Dapper or reinstall ? Did you encounter problems?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: poll : Did you upgrade to Dapper or reinstall ? Did you encounter problems?

I couldn't use the Live-CD to install Dapper Drake. While navigating through the installatin screen the install always got frozen. So I downloaded the Text-CD I was always used and installed Drapper Drake. But since Dapper Drake I have this issue turning my portable off. At the end it keeps saying 'unregister_netdevice' and keeps repeating that message. So I have to shutdown manually. But I didn't searched for a solution to fix this problem. For me, it's just a minor bug / problem.
    Linux Is Not Windows | www.derekdjons.nl | The 'XT' under the Rebels.
    Registered Linux User #406653 | Translator @ Launchpad

Beans

Red face Re: poll : Did you upgrade to Dapper or reinstall ? Did you encounter problems?

I tried to dist-upgrade but I had so big problems that I had to install from the live-CD... anyway I would rather have preferred a non-graphical installation.
    Debian testing user.
    Don't underestimate the power of *nix manual!!!
    Code:
     geco@biohazard:~$ man man

Beans

I tried to reinstall Kubuntu Dapper Drake and it froze at 64% when it copied the files. In fact, everytime I have used the graphical installer, whether I burnt the CD myself or if I used the ship it CD, it has frozen before it could finish. As a result, now I can not even boot into Windows or Kubuntu because GRUB is screwed up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

After dual booting with Windows XP (for work purposes) since Warty days, I recently finally was able to remove XP completely (I run XP on another pc in the office). Therefore I decided to reformat my hard disk and reinstall dapper only. Had only one problem, it took me ages to recover my data from my backup - I seem to have tons of the stuff!!!!

Until my recent reformat I had just continuously upgraded from Warty, Hoary, Breezy and then Dapper.

It is such a nice feeling being Windows free - like swimming naked

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Smile Re: poll : Did you upgrade to Dapper or reinstall ? Did you encounter problems?

Quote Originally Posted by beercz View Post
    It is such a nice feeling being Windows free - like swimming naked
    I agree...lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Re: poll : Did you upgrade to Dapper or reinstall ? Did you encounter problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Djons View Post
    I couldn't use the Live-CD to install Dapper Drake. While navigating through the installatin screen the install always got frozen. So I downloaded the Text-CD I was always used and installed Drapper Drake. But since Dapper Drake I have this issue turning my portable off. At the end it keeps saying 'unregister_netdevice' and keeps repeating that message. So I have to shutdown manually. But I didn't searched for a solution to fix this problem. For me, it's just a minor bug / problem.
    Mine also is freezing at like 69%, weird. Whats the difference between the Text-CD and using the live-cd?

I installed it on my other PC with no issues at all.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213