Thread: Nvidia/HDMI problem after upgrading to 11.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nvidia/HDMI problem after upgrading to 11.10

Hi,

I have a desktop computer with a GeForce GT430 graphics card, two monitors and a HDMI cable connecting it to a TV. The card can't operate three monitors, so when using 11.04, I would disable one of the normal monitors and enable the TV in nvidia-settings (using twinview) whenever I needed to.

After upgrading to 11.10, however, this doesn't work anymore. nvidia-settings detects all the monitors with the correct resolutions, but when I choose twinview on the TV, nvidia-settings freezes and has to be force closed. It then can't even be opened again until I log in and log out. I've tried with both of the proprietary drivers, which seems to make no difference.

Any ideas to get the HDMI-connection working again is greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Nvidia/HDMI problem after upgrading to 11.10

Have you tried without the propri drivers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Nvidia/HDMI problem after upgrading to 11.10

I just installed 11.10 on a new Vaio F series. In order be able to properly watch my screen I needed to install the Nvidia Accelerated Graphics Driver (version-current-updates).
    All seemed to work fine. However when I needed to watch something on my HD TV, I connected it using my HDMI port: nothing happened. The TV did not detected any signal coming from my laptop.

Is there any idea about on how to fix this problem yet?
    Thanks.
    Gus