Hi there.

I have used Ubuntu for a long time and am generally happy with it apart from the odd irritation.

I have a rather old Packard Bell Laptop (Easynote W3450) which runs Ubuntu fine apart from wireless and softer sound (and the fact that it is rather slow).

When in Ubuntu, the wireless usually connects to my router fine, but never at full strength. After a while if I leave it on, sometimes it disconnects and comes up with a box asking for the PSK password (which it has) and I only have to press ok for it to connect.
I have a Tenda W311U dongle which connects from a bit further away with a stronger signal, but is worse at staying connected.

I usually use my laptop in my room which is about 5-6 metres from the router. When I plug it into my desktop, it has the same problems, except that it is now about 4 metres from the router.

One more thing: Online games like GTA SAMP get disconnected and run laggy when connected through the wireless in ubuntu, but run fine when using eth0. Also, in Windows I can run it fine over wifi.

In Siw, it tells me that my internal wifi is with a Ralink RT2500 Wlan card.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Jodie.