Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Never say "Anon. never did anything good" ... ;)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Never say "Anon. never did anything good" ... ;)

On the face of it, this seems like a good thing, but various law enforcement agencies have come out saying that this will have completely ruined any ongoing investigations that could have actually led to arrests and putting these people away. If that's the case then it would have to go down as a well-meaning, but ultimately incredibly foolish act.

Anonymous is a mob, and acts about as stupidly as most mobs do. Given how short-sighted a lot of their attacks are I'm never surprised to hear just how young a lot of the ringleaders are when they get caught. The whole thing smacks of the idealism, need for rebellion and poor judgement of youth.
    Last edited by Paqman; October 26th, 2011 at 05:40 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertux View Post
    It's great... Save for the fact that all they did was give a head start for anyone who wanted to run. The information they provided was neither conclusive nor damning.

Safe bet that any hopes of convicting any of the individuals involved were dashed against the rocks of that thing I like to call reality. Why? Simple, this stuff will now completely be inadmissable in any half aware court. When pondering if you can you should really decide first if you should.

Sorry, but this is dumb.
    I was praising the actual taking down of the servers. Publishing any data was dumb.

For two reasons:

1. INADMISSIBLE IN COURT comes to mind here.

2. They could have put ANYONES names in there. So I (And much more importantly, the relevant authorities.) essentially have to ignore that list because, the crackers could have contaminated it.
    Last edited by Thewhistlingwind; October 26th, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Life is an extraordinarily long concatenation of luck and coincidence.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Under review.

I do appreciate the tone of the posts so far, by the way.

The Community Chat area is for lighthearted and enjoyable discussions, like you might find around a water cooler at work.

Almost any non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed, except for politics directly related to free and open source issues. Any topic or discussion that causes problems or drama will be closed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!
    Last edited by drs305; October 27th, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Back to Xorg...

Retired.

Beans

so, is this re-opened??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I think I may hold a record for the amount of "threads closed for review". lol
    Glad it's open again though.

You guys make good points.
    But it also kind of sounds rather 'typical' for L.E. to say something like that.
    " well they could have interfered with our own ivestigations(that we're probably not even doing), and they could have just made it worse and harmed more children"!
    Riight. Of course.
    I have family who are judges and cops, so im not against the law or law enforcement..
    Please don't think that.
    it's just the system that controls it all, that i know far too much about for my own good. lol
    5.5 GB's Free Ubuntu-One Cloud Storage~
    Click Here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Anon? The ones divided by zero?

As some suggested they are mostly youngsters after some thrill. I find many clips they made way too cheesy! I mean what's up with the 'scary' clips and Sam's(from Microsoft) voice?

As about the thing they did, it doesn't change my opinion about them. What would really make me happy would be to see them do something to Fox News. Catching pedophiles is not that hard and many police investigators are doing it already.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Points made. Thread Closed. Thank you for participating.
    Back to Xorg...

Retired.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123