Thread: Keyboard Missing Keystrokes, Sometimes Repeating Keys with 11.10

Beans

Angry Keyboard Missing Keystrokes, Sometimes Repeating Keys with 11.10

After upgrading my Ubuntu to 11.10 I am having persistent problems with my keyboard. When I type it is often ignoring key presses (not a consistent key(s)) and every once in a while just starts repeating the last key that I pressed until I press another key.

Is there somewhere that I can look for a log of keyboard errors? I checked the /var/log/Xorg.0.log and see that it is initializing the keyboard, but I didn't see anything that looked like an error report. If it helps I can post the part of the log file that deals with the initialization of the keyboard.

I tried disabling the "Repeat Keys" configuration option and it didn't change anything. It does it in all programs (ex: chrome, terminal, gedit, eclipse, etc.)

My keyboard is a Razer BlackWidow. I didn't do anything special when I set it up, just plugged in and started typing. It was working fine in 11.04.

Any ideas on what I can check on next?

Beans

Re: Keyboard Missing Keystrokes, Sometimes Repeating Keys with 11.10

I had the same problem and found that I had somehow switched the "bounce keys" option on in "Universal Access" in "system settings". However as I type this I notice that I occasionally get a double or treble typed letter when I hit a key only once. Does anyone have any ideas about that?
    Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aratina_race View Post
    I had the same problem and found that I had somehow switched the "bounce keys" option on in "Universal Access" in "system settings". However as I type this I notice that I occasionally get a double or treble typed letter when I hit a key only once. Does anyone have any ideas about that?
    Thanks
    Hi,

were youu aable to find aa solutioon??
    I keepp hhaaving the samme problemm.

Beans

Same problem for me with the same keyboard (razer black widow ultimate). This is strange because it can works well for few hours, then do this problem (I mainly notice the repeated keys) and then come back to normal later.
    Also, I don't seem to have the problem on windows
    Have you find a solution?
    Nick