Thread: Cinnamon Menu Question

Beans

Question Cinnamon Menu Question

Hello,

I am running the Cinnamon desktop environment on Ubuntu 12.04 (I have also posted this in the Linux Mint forums, which Cinnamon was built for). My issue is that when watching a video in full screen mode, the menu bar on the bottom of the screen is still overlayed on top of the video. This does not happen with youtube, but it happens with every other website that I watch videos on.

I've attached a screenshot for reference. Can someone please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thinkingotherthings; May 12th, 2012 at 06:58 AM.

Beans

Re: Cinnamon Menu Question

3 day bump..

Beans

Hi! I am assuming that the "exe" program on your bar is the fullscreen window? If so, have you tried to right-click it and choose "maximize"?

Beans

Wink Re: Cinnamon Menu Question

I don't use unity but a suggestion is that you go to the cinnamon settings and try to play around in there and see what happens, there should be a window dodge sort of thing or that you are not on fullscreen.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by december0123 View Post
    Hi! I am assuming that the "exe" program on your bar is the fullscreen window? If so, have you tried to right-click it and choose "maximize"?
    Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it did not work. However, I did find a bit of a work-around in the process; if I right click anywhere in the video while it is in fullscreen the menu bar disappears. Although it would be nice if I didn't have to do this every time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by codingman View Post
    I don't use unity but a suggestion is that you go to the cinnamon settings and try to play around in there and see what happens, there should be a window dodge sort of thing or that you are not on fullscreen.
    I have tried searching in the settings menu but did not find anything addressing my problem. I am fairly sure that this is a bug, not an optional feature.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Is it a bug? Probably. The problem is that your menu doesn't appear to be filling 100% of your screen and fails to dissapear when it is set as such. Go into your cinnamon menu settings and set your menu to 100% and it will work again. from your pic, it doesn't go across the bottom of the screen completely.
    Give yourself 6 months and you will love Ubuntu too!