Thread: 11.10 did work, a little, then refused booting

Beans

Question 11.10 did work, a little, then refused booting

Hi. some days ago I upgraded happily to 11.10. But as I reastarted the machine, and logged in, I could no longer get on wireless. After much trial ands error I found that it was probably some driver that was not effected. So I tried to sort it out.. Then as I start up anew, it goes through the regualr motions, all the way unto the Ubuntu load screen. Then I get a long string saying things like: ...
    * Stopping System V runlevel compability [ok]
    fsck from util-linux 2.19.1
    udevd[343]: SYSFS{}= will be removed in a future udev version, please use ATTR{}= to match the event device, or ATTRS{}= to match a parent device, in lib/dev/udev/rules.d/45-hpdjconsole.rules:6 (and rules 9, 12, and 15)

Further it goes on to say that:
    /dev/sda5: clean, 324189/36249600 files, 73689112/144979200 blocks (check in 3 mounts)
    Skipping profile in /etc/apparmor.d/disable: usr.bin.firefox
    *starting apparomor profiles [ok]
    speech-dispatcher disabled; edit /etc/default/speech-dispatcher
    * stopping failsafe boot delay
    * stopping System V initalistaion
    Stopping stopping stopping, a whole lot of things...
    (I havee to handtype this- But I hope anyone here get the general idea and have some useful tips to a total greenhorn like me)
    In advance, Thanks!

Beans

11.10 did work, a little, then refused booting

Hi. some days ago I upgraded happily to 11.10. But as I reastarted the machine, and logged in, I could no longer get on wireless. After much trial ands error I found that it was probably some driver that was not effected. So I tried to sort it out.. Then as I start up anew, it goes through the regualr motions, all the way unto the Ubuntu load screen. Then I get a long string saying things like: ...
    * Stopping System V runlevel compability [ok]
    fsck from util-linux 2.19.1
    udevd[343]: SYSFS{}= will be removed in a future udev version, please use ATTR{}= to match the event device, or ATTRS{}= to match a parent device, in lib/dev/udev/rules.d/45-hpdjconsole.rules:6 (and rules 9, 12, and 15)

Further it goes on to say that:
    /dev/sda5: clean, 324189/36249600 files, 73689112/144979200 blocks (check in 3 mounts)
    Skipping profile in /etc/apparmor.d/disable: usr.bin.firefox
    *starting apparomor profiles [ok]
    speech-dispatcher disabled; edit /etc/default/speech-dispatcher
    * stopping failsafe boot delay
    * stopping System V initalistaion
    Stopping stopping stopping, a whole lot of things...
    (I havee to handtype this- But I hope anyone here get the general idea and have some useful tips to a total greenhor

Beans

Re: 11.10 did work, a little, then refused booting

I had the same problem. I was using a OvisLink Wifi USB. I am now using a SMC Wifi USB and my problems are gone.
    I had several Wifi USB adapters and I use the OvisLink one when I boot the computer in Windows 7 and I use the SMC when I boot on Ubuntu 11.10 now.