Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubuntu 11.10 - Slow USB memory data transfer.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 - Slow USB memory data transfer.

Yup, same old problem dating back a couple of years of Ubuntu use for me. Never been resolved. Bought a new 16Gb drive to archive some multimedia files I need to use frequently. It was so painfully slow transferring 4Gb that I had to go away and have a coffee while I waited.

I'd never change from linux but you'd think after all these years that basic functionality like file transfers would be on par with windoze.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 - Slow USB memory data transfer.

I worked with a developer on this problem, supplying USB trace information back in March of 2012. I found an old Bug #624510 reported on launchpad that hadn't been resolved (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/624510). I went round and round with them for about a month before they finally got it fixed for me. They needed me to provide trace information to figure out my problem. It took me some research to figure out how to give them what they wanted. I've since forgotten what I had to do but I learned what I needed from the bug record I think. I encountered the problem while trying to copy data to an external hard drive over a 2.0 USB port.
    Last edited by Axis Mann; November 12th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123