Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ubuntu 11.10 will not suspend

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 will not suspend

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post
    Sure, give it a try. I'm curious if it works out of the box.
    OK, using the 11.04 live cd, my PC did enter the suspend state, but did not successfully resume. This probably isn't a surprising result, as my PC did not even shutdown reliably with 11.04 installed. At least with 11.10 shutdown works correctly now. Do I need to repeat the test with the 11.10 live cd?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

@Toz

Installed today's 11.10 updates including the ACPI update. After the restart, my PC successfully suspended from the Unity menu for the first time and successfully resumed. Next test will be to try it again after the session has been running for part of a day.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by curts View Post
    @Toz

Installed today's 11.10 updates including the ACPI update. After the restart, my PC successfully suspended from the Unity menu for the first time and successfully resumed. Next test will be to try it again after the session has been running for part of a day.
    Thats good news. Maybe the updated fixed the problem. Its a tough one to track down.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Smile Re: Ubuntu 11.10 will not suspend

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post
    Thats good news. Maybe the updated fixed the problem. Its a tough one to track down.
    It does look like the recent ACPI update has fixed my suspend problem. It hasn't failed after several cycles of usage.

Beans

I am also having this issue. At times on suspend, the system tries to suspend and makes a switch off noise as if its suspended but the monitor shows tty login screen and the system is still on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345