Thread: Sound muted on startup each time 11.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Exclamation Sound muted on startup each time 11.10

There's another thread with a similar title, but the last person to answer seems to think they fixed the problem, but it didn't work for me. So here goes:

Just updated to 11.10, and I changed the startup sound to something cool(GOT theme song). However, each time I log in, the sound is muted, even though I've gone into sound settings and set everything I could to loud.

I'll set my volume to loud, play a song (it's loud), then immediately restart to find that my volume has been lowered for me. What can I do!?

I'm thinking maybe this is a bug or something? As far as what I can do with menus and settings, I've done it. Maybe there is a Terminal fix?
    Last edited by ByTheNine; October 22nd, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Sound muted on startup each time 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by ByTheNine View Post
    There's another thread with a similar title, but the last person to answer seems to think they fixed the problem, but it didn't work for me. So here goes:

Just updated to 11.10, and I changed the startup sound to something cool(GOT theme song). However, each time I log in, the sound is muted, even though I've gone into sound settings and set everything I could to loud.

I'll set my volume to loud, play a song (it's loud), then immediately restart to find that my volume has been lowered for me. What can I do!?

I'm thinking maybe this is a bug or something? As far as what I can do with menus and settings, I've done it. Maybe there is a Terminal fix?
    Look at this thread at post number #9
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1862022

all the best.
    Google First your issue , if no solution then ask.

రాజ శేఖర్ రెడ్డి