Thread: 11.10

Beans

Hi i got problem with deleting files in ubuntu 11.10 I have admin account but when trying to change settings in folder to create and delete I don't have permission same thing with changing names in folders on second disk. How can I change this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: 11.10

Even with an administrator account you still need to use gksudo nautilus in the terminal to make changes to anything other than your home folder.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

I did use gksudo nautilus got than screen with folders but still I don't have permission to delete or change names in folders

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

You may have to change permissions in file properties to the create and delete files option. I have never had to do this to move a folder to trash from the file system and that could be because I only remove theme and icon files .
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

normally i click on folder properties and than in permissions i 'm trying to change options and then "The permissions could not be changed". Dose it have some thing with ntfs ?bcause disk is in ntfs format

Beans

only in home folder I can remove files and change names. how can I do the same thing with other folders on second partition ?