benesm1, thank you so much for your work on the DSDT thing. I have not tried it yet, but thank you anyways
Also thanks to everyone else contributing to this thread!
I'm going to compile the kernel this evening or tomorrow, but I have a few questions before doing so:
* A thing I only had once with the UX21, but more often with the eeepc 1001PQ was, when I turned the laptop off and then plugged in the power cord, the laptop would occasionally turn itself on. Is this a misconfiguration or just a glitch?
* PowerTOP can't read wakeups/second, GPU ops/second and VFS ops/second any more (it says -nan). Also the frequency tab's kind of messed up, it shows only Idle for all cores and at 0.0%. I must have removed some functionality from the kernel that PowerTOP needs, can anyone tell me which that is?
* The last two or three days, when updating aptitude (although I don't think it has to do directly with aptitude, that's just when I saw it), I got some disturbing kernel messages. It says, that an exception occurred with the ata1 link, resetting link and something about ACPI commands. I attached the dmesg output. Would be nice if someone had a look.
* Also in the attached kernel log, there are some messages about unknown ACPI commands to the ata1.00 link (device ?). I suspect a messy kernel config made by myself, so again, could someone tell me what that is and how to fix it?
* This has nothing to do with the kernel, but I'm writing this post, so I might as well include it: I configured Debian to shut down when I press the power button, but the laptop goes to standby, interrupting the shutdown. So when I wake it up, it finishes shutting down. This is most likely some configuration issue. What settings would I have to change to make it shutdown when I press the power button?
Thanks for your help,
PS: If someone is interested, I can upload my kernel config or kernel package somewhere (UX21 with Sentelic touchpad).