Page 52 of 195 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubunutu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Quote Originally Posted by Wascaa View Post
    I think I saw something like this, when I do a three finger tap unity enters some kind of window re-sizing mode. Do you have the same behavior?

Wasca
    Yes, exactly. But now I have gotten used to five finger middle click

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
    • suspend works with script (closing lid and Fn+f1)
    • power savings is looking to be about 5+ hours (using script from wiki)
    I'm running a Debian system with the Ubuntu 3.2.0 kernel with almost the same results. As far as the suspend script is concerned I only have the bind/unbind for ehci left. I need either the xhci stuff, not the display part of that script. Would you mind trying? The smaller the script the better the system is imo.

Also I completely removed the power saving script and instead installed and configured laprop-mode-tools accordingly. I find that approach very much preferable.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaMonster View Post
    Hallo Sircas,

When you turn on the zenbook with the external monitor already plugged in, then the laptop display will be blank and the external monitor will display the BIOS splash-screen and become the main display... I think this is by design.

I don't think X11 can cope with this very well.

The current solution is to always plug the external monitor in AFTER your machine has started.
    Gracias por la respuesta.

como tu me indicas funciona correctamente.

Beans

Hi and a very big thank you to all who have helped us get our UX31's working better in Linux.

I have one annoyance though, whenever I restart the brightness is always 100% and I have to reduce it with <fn>-<F5>.

After restart System Settings shows display brightness at full, even if I set it to minimum.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MilkeySUFC View Post
    Hi and a very big thank you to all who have helped us get our UX31's working better in Linux.

I have one annoyance though, whenever I restart the brightness is always 100% and I have to reduce it with <fn>-<F5>.

After restart System Settings shows display brightness at full, even if I set it to minimum.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?
    This is mentioned in this thread and on the wiki page for the Zenbook.

You can change the brightness to a particular level by putting something like the following in a startup or login type script:

Code:
    # 50% screen brightness on battery
    echo 5 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:00:02.0/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness

Beans

This is mentioned in this thread and on the wiki page for the Zenbook.

You can change the brightness to a particular level by putting something like the following in a startup or login type script:

Code:
    # 50% screen brightness on battery
    echo 5 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:00:02.0/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
    Hi GodzillaMonster,

Thanks for your help.

I already have the power saving script from the wiki with that line in it. Saved in /etc/pm/power.d/zenbook-powersave

Doesn't change my backlight on reboot, whatever value I put after the 'echo' (I've tried all values 1 to 9).

Beans

Hi GodzillaMonster,

Thanks for your help.

I already have the power saving script from the wiki with that line in it. Saved in /etc/pm/power.d/zenbook-powersave

Doesn't change my backlight on reboot, whatever value I put after the 'echo' (I've tried all values 1 to 9).
    No it won't.. the suspend script is only executed when starting and leaving suspend mode.

You will need to put it in a script that is run on startup or when you log in, such as /etc/rc.local

Beans

No it won't.. the suspend script is only executed when starting and leaving suspend mode.

You will need to put it in a script that is run on startup or when you log in, such as /etc/rc.local
    It's not the suspend script, it's the power optimisation script, in /etc/pm/power.d not /etc/pm/sleep.d, I was under the impression that if it was in /etc/pm/power.d it would run at boot.

Beans

It's not the suspend script, it's the power optimisation script, in /etc/pm/power.d not /etc/pm/sleep.d, I was under the impression that if it was in /etc/pm/power.d it would run at boot.
    Sorry.. I misread that.

Whereabouts in the script did you put it?

Is it possible your power script has an error and therefore is not completing to the line you put the echo on?

Anyhow, putting it in /etc/rc.local should still work.

Beans

Have you made the script executable? My (executable) script in /etc/pm/power.d/ runs at boot.

Page 52 of 195 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast