Page 194 of 195 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195 LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Hey there people!

I update to Ubuntu 13.10 today and almost immediately ran into a problem with it. When I suspend my laptop by closing the lid and resume work by opening it I get no WiFi whatsoever. When I click the icon on the top bar it says that "network not enabled" (or something similar, translating from Finnish here. Not turned on, not connected etc.) and even if I click the option that says "Enable network" it doesn't do anything. I've tried using the keyboard hotkeys, but they don't do squat. It seems as if my wireless adapter was disabled when suspending the computer but was not re-enabled after that.

Everything worked perfectly in 13.04.

How should I begin to troubleshoot this problem? Is there a way to revert back to 13.04 without reinstalling everything? What to do, what to do, what to do...
    Last edited by DeusExMachinae; October 19th, 2013 at 02:19 AM.

Beans

OK tanks for the news, I don't upgrade my zenbook for the moment .

Beans

Installed 13.10 on my 13.3" Zenbook Prime Touch last week. No issues during install.

Still searching for the perfect trackpad + touch screen configuration, battery and SSD optimization and.. well I think that's about it.

Been a long time 'visitor' of Ubuntu, always using dualboot, not this time. W8 isn't all that bad with a touch screen but given the tiny 128gb SSD it was far too fat to keep.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachinae View Post
    Hey there people!

I update to Ubuntu 13.10 today and almost immediately ran into a problem with it. When I suspend my laptop by closing the lid and resume work by opening it I get no WiFi whatsoever. When I click the icon on the top bar it says that "network not enabled" (or something similar, translating from Finnish here. Not turned on, not connected etc.) and even if I click the option that says "Enable network" it doesn't do anything. I've tried using the keyboard hotkeys, but they don't do squat. It seems as if my wireless adapter was disabled when suspending the computer but was not re-enabled after that.

How should I begin to troubleshoot this problem? Is there a way to revert back to 13.04 without reinstalling everything? What to do, what to do, what to do...
    Strange !
    I have tried to suspend my laptop by closing the lid (like you ...) and no problem occur . At least from USB live key.
    Can someone tried this and confirm this please ?

Beans

I did first upgrade from 13.04 to 13.10 but free space in / was too low so I decided to take clean install.
    suspend by closing lid and opening works well wifi turns on like it was.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachinae View Post
    Hey there people!

Beans

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if this was already been said but, as I couldn't find anything about it, I'll take the risk of giving a duplicate advice.
    I found myself fairly well with the touchpad synclient script suggested in the wiki, but... The touchpad wasn't really responsive as it should on such a powerful machine.
    Of course, it was a synclient settings problem.
    Basically, the suggested command "synclient FastTaps" doesn't exist anymore. After a really quick search and test, I found this working awesomely good.

Code:
    synclient SingleTapTimeout=150
    You can, of course, search for the solution that fits the best for you.
    Lower values get the touchpad to respond instantly (which is awesome) but be careful not to set it too low because you could lose the drag and drop feature.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope this helps!

P.S. Why don't we test it and put this script in the Wiki?
    Last edited by andrea-arricale; November 7th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Beans

has anyone problems with ubuntu 13.10. wifi in zenbook u31e ?
    after startup it work maybe 1hour more or less. and after that it wont go anywhere, connection is up but not even ping to gateway wont answer.
    dmesg:
    [ 1739.667951] ath: phy0: Failed to wakeup in 500us
    [ 1739.678756] ath: phy0: Failed to wakeup in 500us
    [ 1739.745694] ath: phy0: Failed to stop TX DMA, queues=0x18f!
    [ 1739.757449] ath: phy0: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xffffffff AR_DIAG_SW=0xffffffff DMADBG_7=0xffffffff
    [ 1739.757520] ath: phy0: Could not stop RX, we could be confusing the DMA engine when we start RX up
    [ 1739.873654] ath: phy0: Chip reset failed
    [ 1739.873667] ath: phy0: Unable to reset channel, reset status -22
    [ 1739.884179] ath: phy0: Failed to wakeup in 500us
    [ 1739.948195] ath: phy0: Failed to stop TX DMA, queues=0x18f!
    [ 1739.959595] ath: phy0: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xffffffff AR_DIAG_SW=0xffffffff DMADBG_7=0xffffffff
    [ 1739.959604] ath: phy0: Could not stop RX, we could be confusing the DMA engine when we start RX up
    [ 1740.073331] ath: phy0: Chip reset failed
    [ 1740.073335] ath: phy0: Unable to reset channel, reset status -22
    [ 1740.083821] ath: phy0: Failed to wakeup in 500us
    [ 1740.147734] ath: phy0: Failed to stop TX DMA, queues=0x18f!
    [ 1740.159123] ath: phy0: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0xffffffff AR_DIAG_SW=0xffffffff DMADBG_7=0xffffffff
    [ 1740.159131] ath: phy0: Could not stop RX, we could be confusing the DMA engine when we start RX up
    [ 1740.272866] ath: phy0: Chip reset failed

Beans

CAN WE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD???

I mean seriously. We have 2013 and the forum software allows to create one thread per issue. Not one thread for ALL issues. This thread has > 150 pages and is completely unreadable & unusable.

Please stop people from still adding new issues to it & encourage opening separate threads for separate issues.
    Last edited by asiandub; November 11th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by asiandub View Post
    CAN WE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD???

I mean seriously. We have 2013 and the forum software allows to create one thread per issue. Not one thread for ALL issues. This thread has > 150 pages and is completely unreadable & unusable.

Please stop people from still adding new issues to it & encourage opening separate threads for separate issues.
    A megathread for a specific machine seems reasonable so it contains all the issues and fixes in one place rather than scattered all over the place.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    A megathread for a specific machine seems reasonable so it contains all the issues and fixes in one place rather than scattered all over the place.
    This is as true as saying "the internet already contains all relevant information, no need to post any questions here "

Not only that a majority of the provided information is deprecated (dealing with old distros / kernels) and as such of little relevance - if not misleading - , the main problem is see is that a 150+ pages thread is not usable per definition. It takes ages to read, one cannot follow up on issues and it's a structure that actually discourages people to add to it.

I mean what's the point of having a separate sub forum for Asus Support if all we are after is single thread that 'contains all the issues and fixes in one place'?

Page 194 of 195 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195 LastLast