Page 187 of 195 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Hey there,

I've just installed Ubuntu 12.10 next to Windows 8,
    Everything is fine except:

- Brightness is at max everytime I restart
    - FN+F5 and FN+F6 doesn't work. I can't change brightness without going into system settings

I searched this thread but I can't find a solution. Maybe someone is able to help me? Would be really nice!

Greets

Beans

Perhaps try 'xgamma -gamma (NUMBER LESS THAN 1.00)' e.g. 'xgamma -gamma .6' in a terminal. Experiment until you find the gamma setting that you like and add the command to your Startup Applications. Hopefully that works...(WFM)
    Note: If it works in terminal, but not on startup you might have to delay the command by adding 'sleep (NUMBER OF SECONDS) before the command.
    Last edited by Xgen; February 23rd, 2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Addtional Information
    Clevo/Sager i7-2670 | 8gb ram | ATI 6970 | SSD drive | [I] Ubuntu: 14.04 / 13.10 /

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xgen View Post
    Perhaps try 'xgamma -gamma (NUMBER LESS THAN 1.00)' e.g. 'xgamma -gamma .6' in a terminal. Experiment until you find the gamma setting that you like and add the command to your Startup Applications. Hopefully that works...(WFM)
    Note: If it works in terminal, but not on startup you might have to delay the command by adding 'sleep (NUMBER OF SECONDS) before the command.
    Thank you. But I think gamma changes my colour values?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Markin86 View Post
    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa...e/v3.8-raring/
    Seems that shutdowns (plugging off AC) disappear...

I hope it will be stable.
    I still have shutdowns when plugging off AC...who definitively solved it?

Beans

I still have shutdowns when plugging off AC...who definitively solved it?
    Please, can someone help me?
    I still have shutdowns when plugging-off AC and shutdown on low battery problems.

Beans

I still have shutdowns when plugging-off AC and shutdown on low battery problems.
    It will never be fixed, since it is a hardware problem, which ASUS cannot fix neither. Exchanging motherboard/battery/cpu makes it better for a week or something, then the sudden shutdowns come up again.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by damyan5 View Post
    It will never be fixed, since it is a hardware problem, which ASUS cannot fix neither. Exchanging motherboard/battery/cpu makes it better for a week or something, then the sudden shutdowns come up again.

Beans

Please, read the previous pages, it seems to be a problem related to the battery assuming you are running a recent kernel. Asus changed the motherboard for Damyan5 twice and it didn't solve the problem. Asus changed the battery for Danners and it seems to have fixed that until here.
    My own machine is back from repaired recently, I am going to run tests as well to see if a Motherboard+battery change solved the problem.

Beans

Anyone know if the wireless problem is still there or has it been fixed? I'd love to install ubuntu again on this machine, but the WiFi problems are a major dealbreaker for me.

Beans

With the future 13.04, I have a lot of wifi problems...

Someone knows how to fix that ?

I use ubuntu with my zenbook ux31e since the ubuntu 11.10. The wireless has never been so bad.

Page 187 of 195 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast