Page 186 of 195 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Quote Originally Posted by Danners View Post
    And by "control data", I mean "Does it power down"
    Go for it go for it !! Can't wait to know how the new battery behaves !

Beans

I've installed a Raring nightly and have done zero configuration, with the screen on its dimmest setting it runs at about 7.5W idle.

I've done 3 full cycles of the battery and it seems good so far, 5+ hours of pretty reasonable usage every time and crucially it hasn't powered down once (I've let it get to about 5% before plugging in).

I've also unplugged/plugged in the mains probably a dosen times whilst on and it hasn't powered down either, although that is by no means exhaustive - I'll keep doing this.

Beans

I've installed a Raring nightly and have done zero configuration, with the screen on its dimmest setting it runs at about 7.5W idle.

I've done 3 full cycles of the battery and it seems good so far, 5+ hours of pretty reasonable usage every time and crucially it hasn't powered down once (I've let it get to about 5% before plugging in).

I've also unplugged/plugged in the mains probably a dosen times whilst on and it hasn't powered down either, although that is by no means exhaustive - I'll keep doing this.
    Alright, good to know.
    Keep trying with abusing the CPU a little bit ...

EDIT : So ? Verdict ?
    Last edited by Nephtali; February 7th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.

Beans

Hi!

I use the powersaving script someone posted here (big THX!!!) but it was inconvenient to load the sd-cardreader module every time I wanted to use it.
    So I made a (really) little script to load/unload the module (rts5139) and notify my about it. (activated/deactivated) And it really just does that - not more. (not unmounting the card etc.)

If someone knows a better/easier way to do that then plz let me know - also if you emprove my script.

PS: You have to set the execute permission and start it with superuser permissions: I made a startmenu entry like "gksu sdCardReader.sh". Also you have to edit the phrase showing in the notification. (it's in German)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pezed View Post
    You have to do it using the windows flash utility.
    start it from command line using the following switch:

Winflash /nodate

Then it will allow you to revert to older versions.
    will it work with wine?
    if not, too much job for downgrading bios

Beans

Oh my, latest 13.04 nightly has added two finger scrolling support for Sentelic touchpads!

Rejoice!

Beans

Oh my, latest 13.04 nightly has added two finger scrolling support for Sentelic touchpads!

Rejoice!

No more shutdowns by the way ?

Beans

Yeah, I've been using the nightly extensively for the past 2 weeks and it has been very stable, no power downs and no issues connecting/disconnecting the power whilst on either.

Only issue I've been having is quite frequent wireless dropouts, but by the sounds of it I'm not the only one and is likely an ath9k driver issue.

Beans

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa...e/v3.8-raring/
    Seems that shutdowns (plugging off AC) disappear...

I hope it will be stable.

Beans

My question not quite related to UX 31 as I have UX32VD, but looks common for both.
    After upgrade my laptop has 10 Gb ram and SSD Plextor PX-256M5P and i need suggestion regarding I/O Scheduler for this SSD. By default system chosen "deadline", same suggestion found here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbookPrime , but ArchLinux Wiki recommends noop, so i bit confused.

Page 186 of 195 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 ... LastLast