Page 185 of 195 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephtali View Post
    Danners, do you experience freeze when unplugging AC as well ?
    I've tried it a couple of times now and it hasn't happened, but it's always been a sporadic issue at best for me anyway.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Danners View Post
    I've tried it a couple of times now and it hasn't happened, but it's always been a sporadic issue at best for me anyway.
    Scratch that, it still happens.

Beans

Sorry to hear that. I was sure that changing the mainboard does *not* fix the issue, since I got it changed twice without any effect. It works fine (better?) for a week, then I got a sudden shutdown on unplug, then it starts happening once a day and so on.

I start wondering if it is not a global issue, affecting *all* UX21E/UX31E. Maybe those of you not having the issue have just been lucky enough not to plug out the AC adapter under (relative) heavy CPU load yet...

A test, my UX21E never passed: AC adapter plugged in, youtube video (I know, I know) fullscreen play, AC adapter plugged out and replugged in. Do it three times, and you'll get a sudden shutdown, most likely the first time.

Beans

Ok, we seems to be tackling the symptoms ...
    Danners, can you let us know what Asus says regarding this problem and if the repair helps ?

Quote Originally Posted by damyan5 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I was sure that changing the mainboard does *not* fix the issue, since I got it changed twice without any effect. It works fine (better?) for a week, then I got a sudden shutdown on unplug, then it starts happening once a day and so on.

I start wondering if it is not a global issue, affecting *all* UX21E/UX31E. Maybe those of you not having the issue have just been lucky enough not to plug out the AC adapter under (relative) heavy CPU load yet...

A test, my UX21E never passed: AC adapter plugged in, youtube video (I know, I know) fullscreen play, AC adapter plugged out and replugged in. Do it three times, and you'll get a sudden shutdown, most likely the first time.
    Ok good to know. Damyan5, what did Asus tell you about this problem ? Nothing specific ?

@ Rapy : If you read this, can you tell us if Asus told you anything about it ?

Let's keep faith about this guys ! We'll have this beauty work goddamnit !
    Also, I found a way to "almost" use the laptop on battery. I use Linux Mint with the Gnome Classic (No effects) interface and the CPUs in Powersave mode (stuck to 800MHz) it works all the way for VERY basic use and shutdown around one hour left on battery. Just to let you know.
    Last edited by Nephtali; January 24th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.

Beans

Ok, we seems to be tackling the symptoms ...
    Danners, can you let us know what Asus says regarding this problem and if the repair helps ?
    Asus have confirmed that the battery is faulty and are replacing it, I guess only time will tell if it actually fixes the problem. All the data I pulled from ACPI suggested the battery was OK, but I'm no expert so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Will update when I've got it back and had a chance to test it.

Beans

Asus have confirmed that the battery is faulty and are replacing it, I guess only time will tell if it actually fixes the problem. All the data I pulled from ACPI suggested the battery was OK, but I'm no expert so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Will update when I've got it back and had a chance to test it.
    Interesting. That may explain why Damyan5 repair didn't bring anything considering they changed the motherboard twice and not the battery and he still suffered sudden shutdown.
    I don't expect ACPI data to be fruitful on such an issue.

Please let us know as soon as possible how things turn out with a new battery.

Beans

Interesting. That may explain why Damyan5 repair didn't bring anything considering they changed the motherboard twice and not the battery and he still suffered sudden shutdown.
    I don't expect ACPI data to be fruitful on such an issue.

Please let us know as soon as possible how things turn out with a new battery.
    Will do, it's getting delivered on Friday so hope to have some positive news over the weekend.

Beans

Will do, it's getting delivered on Friday so hope to have some positive news over the weekend.
    Can't wait to know
    Be agressive with it ! Go for parallel Youtube viewing/Hardcore compilation/RAW pictures processing/Whatever greedy process you can find !

Beans

Can't wait to know
    Be agressive with it ! Go for parallel Youtube viewing/Hardcore compilation/RAW pictures processing/Whatever greedy process you can find !
    got it back a couple of hours ago, am just getting some control data using the stock Win 7 install with a bit of prime95 love, after that I'll be moving on to Raring nightlies

Beans

And by "control data", I mean "Does it power down"

Page 185 of 195 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 ... LastLast