Page 171 of 195 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Quote Originally Posted by duskhunter View Post
    i'm using ux21e with bios 212 and ubuntu 12.10 with 3.5.0 kernel
    and i still have shut downs when i unplug the charger?

is there anybody who solved this problem???
    Not really. I tried my ux21 (BIOS UX21E.212) with 3.2*, 3.4* and 3.5* kernels. Works fine, the only problem I got are those annoying shutdowns on unplug. I don't think that's ubuntu problem, since user report the same with UX31/UX21 running Windows. I cannot find any fix/workaround on the internet. The only hope I got is an upcoming BIOS fixing the issue.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post
    I have the UX31E with Elantech touchpad. Everything works fine, except when my computer goes to sleep, sometimes upon waking up the multitouch is gone (well almost, only the scrolling and tapping... the clickpad with 2-3 fingers still works). I can fix it by logging out and back in. Anyone else experience this?

Happened to me for many different kernels, including 3.2.0.24-25-26-27, 3.3.0, 3.4.0...
    It seems that gnome is resetting touchpad parameters when resuming from sleep.
    If you have a script setting your touchpad parameters, you can force gnome to execute it everytime it wakes up with this command:

Code:
    $ gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.input-devices hotplug-command "/absolute_path_to_your/touchpad_settings"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I compiled kernel 3.5 last night and had no issues. I started up my zenbook tonight and it locks on the login screen, it doesn't load my customized background and I am unable to login, I can force it down to the command line login. Any ideas, I reverted to 3.5rc3 which is what I was previously running.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    I compiled kernel 3.5 last night and had no issues. I started up my zenbook tonight and it locks on the login screen, it doesn't load my customized background and I am unable to login, I can force it down to the command line login. Any ideas, I reverted to 3.5rc3 which is what I was previously running.
    No solution yet but it won't initialize the login screen until I plug the power cord in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I don't ahve that kind of issue. I will test more thoroughly tonight but I would be surprised to have missed such a big regression.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by xheyther View Post
    I don't ahve that kind of issue. I will test more thoroughly tonight but I would be surprised to have missed such a big regression.

Well I'm running bios 210, Ubuntu 12.04 64bit and compiled the 3.5 kernel. It doesn't occur on 3.5RC3 which is what I was previously running. I recompiled the kernel 3 times last night consistant behavior.

Beans

I was just curious if anyone else has contacted Asus support for the non-working touchpad or the shutdown when power supply unplugged issues? If so what was your result. I was basically told nothing could be done because their troubleshooting procedures only work on Windows.

Beans

No power supply unplug issues like that here. Running latest 3.5 kernel with latest bios.
    Only problem now to solve is trying get the right click button on the touchpad (Elantech) to work Everything else, including multi-touch, drag/grab works. Battery seems a lot better too.
    Last edited by tora201; August 3rd, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tora201 View Post
    Only problem now to solve is trying get the right click button on the touchpad (Elantech) to work Everything else, including multi-touch, drag/grab works. Battery seems a lot better too.
    I think the issue you're talking about has been fixed.
    The the Wiki contains a link to a couple scripts that give full functionality to the Elantech clickpad.

By the way, I have also modified the enable-rightbutton.sh script to provide a small middle-click region on the bottom half of the middle line of the click-pad. Please let me know if more detail would be helpful.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tora201 View Post
    No power supply unplug issues like that here. Running latest 3.5 kernel with latest bios.
    You can check my custom /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/52-elantech-touchpad.conf, which enables the right-click button.

To be able to keep the TapButton settings after resuming from sleep, see my previous post.

Page 171 of 195 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast