Page 167 of 195 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Quote Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
    I've been trying to install Ubuntu on my UX31E the last hour. I booted a 12.04 live USB and everything worked as I expected. Then I went through the install procedure(I've partitioned off ~30GB from my Windows partition), which went smoothly. Upon reboot, the touchpad doesn't function(mice pointer disappears after a couple of seconds), and in addition I get no Wifi or bluetooth. The USB2 port only outputs power, I tried an ordinary mice to no avail.
    The same happens if I boot the live USB straight to the installer, without the intermediary desktop loading.

Does somebody know why this happen? I don't download updates during the install, as I'm on a weak and slow 3G connection.
    Did you download the updates after the installation was complete? I found this solves lots of problems.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Again View Post
    Did you download the updates after the installation was complete? I found this solves lots of problems.
    Well, I'd try but as I said the NIC isn't recognized by the installed Ubuntu, or rather I think that the drivers doesn't get installed during the install phase for some reason. I can navigate to the network section of the control panel with just the keyboard, but once there there's no possibility of connecting to a WiFi network. I could chroot to the install and upgrade via apt-get, but on my slow connection it would take some time to download all packages.

Today I'll get access to a broadband internet connection, so I'll just let it download all updates while installing and everything should hopefully be fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
    Well, I'd try but as I said the NIC isn't recognized by the installed Ubuntu, or rather I think that the drivers doesn't get installed during the install phase for some reason. I can navigate to the network section of the control panel with just the keyboard, but once there there's no possibility of connecting to a WiFi network. I could chroot to the install and upgrade via apt-get, but on my slow connection it would take some time to download all packages.

Today I'll get access to a broadband internet connection, so I'll just let it download all updates while installing and everything should hopefully be fine.
    Yeah, in the past I've had to use USB tethering from my phone or a wire broadband connection...not the most convenient thing, but in my experience it's been a one shot deal. After I got all the updates downloaded the computer ran smoothly enough on its own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by xheyther View Post
    My unit seems to be a bit on the power-hungry phase these days. I can't get my finger on the update that caused this but right now, it is consuming around 16W of energy while at 2/10 luminosity and wifi off.

Am I the only one to have this issue ?

edit : more precision: previously it was in the same conditions consuming only around 5 to 6W. Also the casing is really hot and the fans are at full throttle...

edit 2: reverting back to some old kernel (as far as -23) doesn't fix the issue.
    About that, it was a problem with a plug-in of Sublime text.

So forget about me, the coast is clear. Except I can't wait for Quantal

Beans

Well, had to chroot into the installed Ubuntu from the working live USB and do an apt-get dist-upgrade to get everything working. The "Download updates while installing" option did not work, for some reason. Now everything's working excellent, and very fast because of the SSD.

Beans

I/O error ?

On a UX21E I have frequently (more once a day) a freeze and when I reboot I see this kind of message
    [xxxxxxxxx] end_reqest : I/O error, dev sda1, sector xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Is a hardware or kernel configuration problem.

In recovery mode I run fsck and get for sda1
    291660 / 855120 fichiers (0.1% non contigus), 2433500 / 3417600 blocs

sda1 is my / partition

Beans

Beans

Anyone having success in finding another network card to put in? A card that does actually work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This thread is too long, so i'm sorry in advance if I miss this in the previous pages...

My Asus UX31 doesn't have the fn key working properly, I can not turn down the monitor light neither ajust the volume. IS there any workaround?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by JCM_Pico View Post
    This thread is too long, so i'm sorry in advance if I miss this in the previous pages...

My Asus UX31 doesn't have the fn key working properly, I can not turn down the monitor light neither ajust the volume. IS there any workaround?

Thanks
    Can't you define custom keyboard shortcuts?

Page 167 of 195 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast