Page 166 of 195 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Quote Originally Posted by nixpro View Post
    I have recently updated to BIOS version 212 and apparently, the shutdowns caused by unplugging the charger have ceased. I have checked about 8 times now, and no shutdown resulted.
    Are you still noticing that the power remains o when unplugging power adapter. I am on the latest BIOS as well and when I unplug it my system shuts down. However I tried this when in the bios and it does not seem to happen then only when booted up in Ubuntu. Anyone else having this issue still or found a way around it? I must admit that having a laptop that I can not unplug is most frustrating.

Beans

My Zenbook (UX21) shows up a strange behaviour: When I put out the powerplug it often stuts down immediately.Same thing occurs when battery is under 40%. I am using ubuntu 12:04 with all updates and did everything what is discriped here: hattps://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbook

The described behaviour does not depend on the kernel parameter:
    pcie_aspm=force. I tried with pcie_aspm=0 and pcie_aspm=1.

Does anybody know what to do?

Ok, Bios update seemed to work!
    Last edited by gunwald; July 8th, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gunwald View Post
    My Zenbook (UX21) shows up a strange behaviour: When I put out the powerplug it often stuts down immediately.Same thing occurs when battery is under 40%. I am using ubuntu 12:04 with all updates and did everything what is discriped here: hattps://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbook

Are you saying that the bios update fixed the power unplug shutdown issue for you, because it did not fix it for me.

Beans

My machine suddenly started saying that battery is not present, and even under Windows it doesn't seem to charge beyond 0%. Unplugging causes the machine to power off instantly.

I'm sending it off for warranty repair, as I can't think of anything I could do in software terms to fix things.
    LambdaGrok. | #ubuntu-programming on FreeNode

Beans

there are instant shut downs under 1 hour battery life.
    do you know any solution for that problem?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gunwald View Post

I have this behavior since months and it is worse since the last BIOS 211 update, but so shutdown if previously I put in sleep

And more
    -I cannot since BIOS 211 update control the definition of extenal monitor
    -shutdown occurs quickly any time on barretery
    Last edited by pada; July 9th, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tazdevel View Post
    Are you still noticing that the power remains o when unplugging power adapter.
    I haven't checked as intensely as before, but yes, every time I have plugged off the computer as of lately, it has not powered off.

I am using Fedora 17, although I doubt this really makes a difference. As far as I can tell the power-offs have been largely independent of the distribution or the kernel.

Beans

I did successively half dozen of unplug wihout shutdown, mais be because my battery was 100%

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

My unit seems to be a bit on the power-hungry phase these days. I can't get my finger on the update that caused this but right now, it is consuming around 16W of energy while at 2/10 luminosity and wifi off.

Am I the only one to have this issue ?

edit : more precision: previously it was in the same conditions consuming only around 5 to 6W. Also the casing is really hot and the fans are at full throttle...

edit 2: reverting back to some old kernel (as far as -23) doesn't fix the issue.
    Last edited by xheyther; July 11th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Beans

I've been trying to install Ubuntu on my UX31E the last hour. I booted a 12.04 live USB and everything worked as I expected. Then I went through the install procedure(I've partitioned off ~30GB from my Windows partition), which went smoothly. Upon reboot, the touchpad doesn't function(mice pointer disappears after a couple of seconds), and in addition I get no Wifi or bluetooth. The USB2 port only outputs power, I tried an ordinary mice to no avail.
    The same happens if I boot the live USB straight to the installer, without the intermediary desktop loading.

Does somebody know why this happen? I don't download updates during the install, as I'm on a weak and slow 3G connection.
    Last edited by ToJa92; July 11th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Page 166 of 195 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast