Page 156 of 195 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Quote Originally Posted by vivace View Post
    Is there something that happened so that syncclient wont work from /etc/rc.local anymore?
    X has to be running for synclient to work - maybe rc.local is executed too early? Anyway, I think it is more appropriate to set these things on a per-user basis, i.e., by calling the script without superuser rights using gnome-session-properties or the gsettings input-devices "hotplug-command" key [1], which was suggested earlier in this thread.

[1]
    Code:
    gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.input-devices hotplug-command /home/...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachinae View Post

EDIT: Then again I don't know what kind of a setup are you running. I've removed Windows 7 entirely from this machine and installed 12.04 from scratch. Using the suspend script and some touchpad scripts, but other than that and Wicd I'm on default settings.
    Running 12.04 with no other issues apart from the wireless dropping. left Windoze on there just in case I sell the thing in the future, but never boot into it.

Will do some more testing and let you know for sure.

Beans

Another issue with 12.04. Laptop will not boot normally. It just hangs on on loading screen forever. I have to boot it in recovery mode everytime and then normal boot works too. Kinda black magic issue, but could you help me with a tip how can I find out where is the problem?

Beans

Question Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Hello everybody!

Can anyone fix this issue https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...6?comments=all ? It's related to Zenbooks and HDMI.

Please, help! I don't want return to M$ Windows!

Thanx a lot!

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi, I was just messing around with a bunch of different things trying to up the sensitivity of my touchpad, and now I can't log in to my account. Not under any of the Gnomes or Unities. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I can log in under a Guest for some reason though. It seems that when I try to log in the log in screen resets itself and it's an ongoing process.

Edit: It seems I posted this in the wrong thread, although I was using suggestions from here. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by kris07; May 18th, 2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Wrong thread

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Pluff View Post
    Another issue with 12.04. Laptop will not boot normally. It just hangs on on loading screen forever. I have to boot it in recovery mode everytime and then normal boot works too. Kinda black magic issue, but could you help me with a tip how can I find out where is the problem?
    The problem was in Unity. I disabled some graphic features with compiz configuration tool and Unity become unstable on load.

Beans

Hi

I use Ubuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.2.0-22 on ux31e and i got an error with ethernet.

When i copy a big file (size ~ 3,7 Gb ) from home network with 100MBps of capacity, my ux31e only transfers 300kB/s.

I check the network hardware with "sudo lshw -c network" and its says that support 100Mbits.

I checked on syslog and i got
    asix 2-1:1.0: eth0: asix_rx_fixup() Bad Header Length
    asix 2-1:1.0: eth0: asix_rx_fixup() Bad RX Length 1716

So I think that is a bug on network driver.

Anyone else have this error? how can i fix it?

Thanks
    Last edited by diegocarrera; May 18th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.

Beans

I am running xubuntu 12.04, will upgrading to the newest kernel (3.3) take care of the sleep/hibernate issues and the touchpad sensitivity problems?

Beans

Hi guys.

For all of you with ux21: there is a new BIOS out there. Version: UX21E.211. It should fix the sudden-poweroff-on-unplug-issue. http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/11750.html

Damyan

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by damyan5 View Post
    Hi guys.

For all of you with ux21: there is a new BIOS out there. Version: UX21E.211. It should fix the sudden-poweroff-on-unplug-issue. http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/11750.html

Damyan
    Awesome!!
    I hope this is fixed for good, it's the only major thing I have now.

Page 156 of 195 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast