Page 142 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Hey phildrip

I am having the same issue and have not managed to get it sorted yet either (I need to be less than a meter from the router to even get a signal).

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    The ath9k driver sucks still, but in general I have had a good experience. On kernel 3.3rc7 I had really good speeds. I am downgrading to that tonight and I can let you know my experience.

Note there is also some suggestions for people having issues on the WIKI. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbook
    Thanks for the tip cromat, I will try 3.3rc7 and see if it helps! Cheers.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hey All I installed my 3.3rc6 version of the kernel I compiled back in March, and all is working, wireless comes back instantly from sleep. THe signal isn't great but I am getting between 40mb/s and 150mb/s at any given time, so I think this version works fairly well for basic web stuff. For the past 10 minutes been staying solid at 150mb/s.

Thanks, let me know if anyone has questions.

PS> I still cannot reproduce the hard shutdown with unplugging the power cable.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    Hey All I installed my 3.3rc6 version of the kernel I compiled back in March, and all is working, wireless comes back instantly from sleep. THe signal isn't great but I am getting between 40mb/s and 150mb/s at any given time, so I think this version works fairly well for basic web stuff. For the past 10 minutes been staying solid at 150mb/s.

Thanks, let me know if anyone has questions.

PS> I still cannot reproduce the hard shutdown with unplugging the power cable.
    Yes the best kernels to use for now seem to be 3.3_r6, 3.3_rc7, or 3.3.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matt2053 View Post
    Yes the best kernels to use for now seem to be 3.3_r6, 3.3_rc7, or 3.3.
    My wireless just keeps breaking connection. It's like a bouncer who let's people into the bar and kicks them out right when they've bought their first beer. Annoying as hell. Can't do any internet stuff on the computer, really. Not even download any updates.

How would one go about installing 3.3? Or is there even a remote possibility that it would help?

http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/03/how-...kernel-in.html

Like so?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachinae View Post
    My wireless just keeps breaking connection. It's like a bouncer who let's people into the bar and kicks them out right when they've bought their first beer. Annoying as hell. Can't do any internet stuff on the computer, really. Not even download any updates.

How would one go about installing 3.3? Or is there even a remote possibility that it would help?

http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/03/how-...kernel-in.html

Like so?
    Download the headers and image file for the kernel version you want for your CPU architecture from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

cd to the directory you downloaded them to. Make sure there's no other .deb files in it. Then:

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

sudo update-grub

reboot

If you've got a sentelic touchpad you probably will need to roll your own kernels. I'm currently on 3.4-rc2 on Linux Mint 12 and I'm getting acceptable WiFi performance. 3.4-rc1 actually had better connectivity, but I had to apply this patch or I would get kernel panics when connecting to networks with multiple access points.
    Last edited by jonjondwillis; April 10th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jonjondwillis View Post
    3.4-rc1 actually had better connectivity, but I had to apply this patch or I would get kernel panics when connecting to networks with multiple access points.
    I have the same problem with 3.4-rc1, but I didn't know how to fix it. Would you please keep us up to date on whether or not this kernel patch makes it to mainline or Ubuntu kernels? Thank you.

Beans

Installed 3.4-rc2 and the WiFi is still terrible. Oh well, I'll wait for 12.04 RC or stable before banging my head against the wall again.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SorryGoFish View Post
    I have the same problem with 3.4-rc1, but I didn't know how to fix it. Would you please keep us up to date on whether or not this kernel patch makes it to mainline or Ubuntu kernels? Thank you.
    The panic seems to be resolved in 3.4-rc2, but I actually prefer my patched 3.4-rc1. It seems more (entirely?) stable with my current configuration.

Beans

Hi, has anyone installed Virtualbox or Qemu ? I installed them, but it seems there is a problem with KVM. And if I enable VT-d, it freezes many times without any reason.
    Thanks,
    AM

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by noreiller View Post
    Hi, has anyone installed Virtualbox or Qemu ? I installed them, but it seems there is a problem with KVM. And if I enable VT-d, it freezes many times without any reason.
    Thanks,
    AM
    I use virtual box. I have VT-d enabled. My kernel parameters are:
    pcie_aspm=force i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 drm.vblankoffdelay=1 i915.semaphores=1

Warning I have no idea what I'm talking about here. I think the semaphores flag may disable VT-d, or something like that. There was talk of this in this thread some time ago. All I know is that my XP VM (though Virtualbox) works just fine (including DirectX).

Page 142 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast