Page 128 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubunutu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

So one of the last issues I'm facing is that I can't seem to enable hibernation. What's weird is that I think I had it working before, but I had to do a fresh install (for other reasons) and now when I go to power settings to try to set my machine to hibernate on lid-close, the hibernate option is disabled.

Beans

With all this exiting news about many fixes on kernels and options no longer being necessary and drivers to be downloaded and installed ...
    can anybody update the ubuntu wiki https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbook so that the recipy to install linux on the ux31 is up to date ?

Thanx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by u19809 View Post
    With all this exiting news about many fixes on kernels and options no longer being necessary and drivers to be downloaded and installed ...
    can anybody update the ubuntu wiki https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbook so that the recipy to install linux on the ux31 is up to date ?
    Because there are so many improvements in 12.04, it's probably best to split the page in two parts: 12.04 as "recommended", and 11.10 just for documentation.

Just trying to summarize, what's the state in 12.04? (I don't have it installed yet.)
    In comparison to 11.10, please correct me or add information:
    - RC6: works and enabled, now stable
    - ASPM: should be fixed
    - suspend: script required
    - wireless: works, but setting BSSID recommended if no roaming is necessary; does hwcrypt=1 work better?
    - USB ethernet: works
    - Sentelic touchpad: I don't know, what does work without a custom kernel with Sentelic patches?
    - Elantech touchpad: configuration (e.g. for higher sensitivity) necessary, clickpad is a work-in-progress, will probably have to be enabled by setting an option in the final release
    - Bluetooth: patch necessary or is it included now?

Regards
    Aaron

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matt2053 View Post
    So one of the last issues I'm facing is that I can't seem to enable hibernation. What's weird is that I think I had it working before, but I had to do a fresh install (for other reasons) and now when I go to power settings to try to set my machine to hibernate on lid-close, the hibernate option is disabled.
    Do you have a swap partition? Just checking the (not so) obvious.

Beans

I have used 12.04 kubuntu since alpha2, I dont have any freezes or shutdowns after 3.2.0-17. and now I have used almost week 3.2.0-18. nothing extra at grub default.
    depending usage I have got 4-5hours battery time.

- RC6: works and enabled, now stable
    -> yes stable, not sure howto check is it enabled

- ASPM: should be fixed
    -> I dont know

- suspend: script required
    ->I use suspend and powersaving scripts

- wireless: works, but setting BSSID recommended if no roaming is necessary; does hwcrypt=1 work better?
    ->works I have added BSSID.

- USB ethernet: works
    ->I think so, havent test with latest kernel.

- Elantech touchpad: configuration (e.g. for higher sensitivity) necessary, clickpad is a work-in-progress, will probably have to be enabled by setting an option in the final release
    -> I use kubuntus synaptics softare and little script which adds top left and right forward/back to browser.

- Bluetooth: patch necessary or is it included now?
    -> doesnt work, I havent tested any patches, dont need it (yet)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nixpro View Post
    Do you have a swap partition? Just checking the (not so) obvious.
    Yep, 8 GB!

Beans

I had a 11.10 system pretty nicely set up with kernel 3.3rc6 thanks to all the info I got from this thread. However, I needed to install Virtualbox or VMWare on my system and when I tried either I got an 'unable to handle kernel paging request.'

I'm currently trying 12.04 with kernel 3.2.0-17 and Virtualbox works just great on it, as do most other things.. except for my wireless network. I'm getting much lower strengths and the device doesn't work for a while after I boot up. This appeared to be fixed when I updated to kernel 3.3rc7 but then virtualbox crashes again.

Is there some way I can have the best of both worlds? Either have my wireless work well with 3.2.0-17 or have virtualbox work on 3.3rc7? I've mostly bungled through things, so help is much appreciated, thanks!

Beans

Yep, 8 GB!
    Well, that would have been too easy!

I had this same problem in the past, and I solved it by adding a swap partition. I see this is not the case.

Beans

Are you on Ubuntu 12.04? If so, it has been disabled by default there. To re-enable it (I haven't yet tried this myself) you could try the solution given here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/94754...tion-in-upower

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sekhar.rahul View Post
    Are you on Ubuntu 12.04? If so, it has been disabled by default there. To re-enable it (I haven't yet tried this myself) you could try the solution given here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/94754...tion-in-upower
    It works! Nice find.

Page 128 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast