Page 127 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubunutu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

May I safely turn off watchdog, or is that bad somehow?

EDIT: I'd also like to say thank you so much to everyone who's been working on troubleshooting and developing for this awesome ultrabook!
    Last edited by ericus; March 10th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Beans

3.3rc7 is out, but I don't believe there is anything of relevance in the changelogs. Still, updating won't hurt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Booting from SD slot?

As far as I can tell from some light experimentation, even if you create a bootable SD card, the UX31 will not offer to boot from it. Is this correct or have I missed a step?

It'd be nice to have a removable alternate boot volume that didn't occupy/stick out of a USB slot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Booting from SD slot?

Quote Originally Posted by EatMorePie View Post
    As far as I can tell from some light experimentation, even if you create a bootable SD card, the UX31 will not offer to boot from it. Is this correct or have I missed a step?

It'd be nice to have a removable alternate boot volume that didn't occupy/stick out of a USB slot.
    If it's possible, you may have to enable booting from it in the BIOS. I think most BIOS do not support this though.

Beans

Re: Booting from SD slot?

Quote Originally Posted by SorryGoFish View Post
    If it's possible, you may have to enable booting from it in the BIOS. I think most BIOS do not support this though.
    Holding ESC down whilst starting the machine up will give you a list of bootable devices, including USB ones. If the card slot doesn't show up in that list, then it won't boot from it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by matt2053 View Post
    I can reproduce the 3-finger touch bug. Compiz kept freezing on me and I couldn't figure out what was causing it, thanks!
    I have this issue as well, but I'm not using the clickpad repository.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maccam94 View Post
    I have this issue as well, but I'm not using the clickpad repository.
    I had the issue before I was using the clickpad repo and after. So it isn't directly connected to it!

Beans

"machine check error" on bootable USB devices after BIOS update

Hi

Found a new issue: Updating BIOS from 210 to 211 causes (my) zenbook not to be able to read Linux created USB boot devices. When choosing USB-Stick/external HD my machine shows: "Machine Check Error" and immediately reboots. If I use the exact same device and create a bootable USB device (installation "Disc" for Win7) on my girlfriends windows computer, zenbook boots from it perfectly...

Anyone experiencing the same Problem? Solutions?

cheers quesst

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by quesst View Post
    It is getting better and better Many, many thanks to all those who invest so much of their time to help others. I guess: Hardly ever have so many owed so much to so few...

I, yet, have a question I was not able to resolve, neither with checking the internet nor with tutorials:
    On my old laptop I was able to use the internal display as an extension of my main, external monitor. With that I was having two displays to work, which I appreciated this mode since I really use both displays to facilitate work.

Unfortunately, this does not seem possible to arrange with the UX31E (11.10, 3.3-RC6, i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 i915.semaphores=1 pcie_aspm=force, disabled VT-d in the BIOS). No matter whether I try to arrange the desired setup directly with xrandr in the terminal or in the display manager gui, the error I get is:
    Code:
    The selected configuration for displays could not be applied: could not set the configuration for CRTC 63
    BTW: I use VGA output.

If anyone has an idea how to solve this or work around... Help is highly appreciated.
    Hey, figured it out - same Issue as with HDMI --> plug in AFTER booting is finished.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by darukka View Post
    I had the issue before I was using the clickpad repo and after. So it isn't directly connected to it!
    After installing today's updates (which included compiz updates) I no longer experience compiz freezes when I use 3-finger touches.

Page 127 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast