Page 126 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans

Re: Ubunutu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

It is getting better and better Many, many thanks to all those who invest so much of their time to help others. I guess: Hardly ever have so many owed so much to so few...

I, yet, have a question I was not able to resolve, neither with checking the internet nor with tutorials:
    On my old laptop I was able to use the internal display as an extension of my main, external monitor. With that I was having two displays to work, which I appreciated this mode since I really use both displays to facilitate work.

Unfortunately, this does not seem possible to arrange with the UX31E (11.10, 3.3-RC6, i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 i915.semaphores=1 pcie_aspm=force, disabled VT-d in the BIOS). No matter whether I try to arrange the desired setup directly with xrandr in the terminal or in the display manager gui, the error I get is:
    Code:
    The selected configuration for displays could not be applied: could not set the configuration for CRTC 63
    BTW: I use VGA output.

If anyone has an idea how to solve this or work around... Help is highly appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaMonster View Post
    I run 3.3r6 on ubuntu 11.10 with the rc6 kernel boot parameters. Absolutely no issues thus far.
    You still set the rc6 parameters, the kernel should enable RC6=1 by default? Or I am misunderstanding what included RC6 meant, I'm seeing 6 hours no modifications to boot params.

Beans

Anyone that has experienced way too fast two-finger scrolling after the synaptics patch? I use it on arch and I get to the bottom of a page in like 2mm scrolling.

Beans

Ok just got back my zenbook from repair. Dead motherboard and LCD. Did fresh install of 12.04 beta using 3.3 rc6 kernel. The only thing I can't seem to resolve now is sleep. Using the latest script from the wiki and it freezes up where the only recovery is to hard press the power. Any suggestions or reliable scripts?

*** update ***

Did a fresh install again and now the script from the wiki works
    Last edited by techfreak; March 10th, 2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: update results

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cowai View Post
    Anyone that has experienced way too fast two-finger scrolling after the synaptics patch? I use it on arch and I get to the bottom of a page in like 2mm scrolling.
    I thought it was too fast too. You can just tweak the settings if you want, by setting the values in the script lower.

Change values, run script, test, repeat until perfect

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matt2053 View Post
    I thought it was too fast too. You can just tweak the settings if you want, by setting the values in the script lower.

Change values, run script, test, repeat until perfect
    Which script are you referring too, and which setting?

VertScrollDelta doesn't seem to do anything for me. And by fast I mean TOO fast. Half a page is scrolling in the smallest amount of movement I can make.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cowai View Post
    Which script are you referring too, and which setting?

VertScrollDelta doesn't seem to do anything for me. And by fast I mean TOO fast. Half a page is scrolling in the smallest amount of movement I can make.
    Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you meant the mouse movements were too fast, but I see now that you clearly said 2-finger vertical scrolling was too fast. I don't have that problem, sorry.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    You still set the rc6 parameters, the kernel should enable RC6=1 by default? Or I am misunderstanding what included RC6 meant, I'm seeing 6 hours no modifications to boot params.
    I understand the default is rc6=1 too.. I left it as it was because I didn't think it would hurt.

Will remove them and see what the difference is.

UPDATE: For me, with kernel 3.3.0-030300rc6-generic:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash pcie_aspm=force" produces a battery usage of around 13000mw
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash pcie_aspm=force i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 i915.semaphores=1" produces a battery usage of around 8000mw

I don't use the power management scripts.

EDIT: I had my phone plugged in for both estimates.. so it would have had an affect on the number but perhaps not the ratio.
    Last edited by GodzillaMonster; March 10th, 2012 at 02:32 AM.

Beans

Hi,

I found a bug - at a 3-finger touch compiz freezes. I have Elantech Touchpad and use 12.04 (kernel 3.2...) with the clickpad script installed. Does anyone else have this problem?

Is it possible to enable x-finger (x ∈ [2,5]) events like zoom, "window-switching" or something else (like cool mac-stuff)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by donchris View Post
    Hi,

I found a bug - at a 3-finger touch compiz freezes. I have Elantech Touchpad and use 12.04 (kernel 3.2...) with the clickpad script installed. Does anyone else have this problem?

Is it possible to enable x-finger (x ∈ [2,5]) events like zoom, "window-switching" or something else (like cool mac-stuff)?
    I can reproduce the 3-finger touch bug. Compiz kept freezing on me and I couldn't figure out what was causing it, thanks!

Page 126 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast