Page 101 of 195 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1950

Thread: Ubuntu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Ubunutu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoek1 View Post
    For those who use gnome3 little extension. I show current battery drain, minimum, maximum and average
    now ! ver2
    [snip....]

file for download (3.2KB)...

how to install ?
    extract zip to ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/
    ALT+F2
    r (enter)
    and enable it by turn it on in advanced settings tool
    DONE

I can't enable your extension, it doesn't seems to load as nothing happens.

Beans

Smile Re: Ubunutu and the asus zenbook (UX31)

So looks like the rc6 enabled bug is going to put to rest hopefully in the near future. Check out:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/015131.html

Beans

Been running heavy usage on RC6=1 for a few days now with no issues, decided to switch it up to RC6=3 this morning and had a power down within 30 mins

Using: Linux Xenbook 3.2.5-tunerc6v1-generic #tunerc6v1 SMP Thu Feb 9 04:56:10 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Danners View Post
    Been running heavy usage on RC6=1 for a few days now with no issues, decided to switch it up to RC6=3 this morning and had a power down within 30 mins

Using: Linux Xenbook 3.2.5-tunerc6v1-generic #tunerc6v1 SMP Thu Feb 9 04:56:10 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    This is totally as expected.

rc6=3 is exactly the same as rc6=1 used to be.

Therefore this is exactly the same as reverting to any pre-patched kernel and re-confirming the shutdown problem that everybody was having with that pre-patched kernel is still there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaMonster View Post
    This is totally as expected.

rc6=3 is exactly the same as rc6=1 used to be.

Therefore this is exactly the same as reverting to any pre-patched kernel and re-confirming the shutdown problem that everybody was having with that pre-patched kernel is still there.
    I see, thanks for explaining. Is there any other difference between pre-patch RC6=0 and post-patch RC6=1? Reason I ask is I'm getting significantly better battery performance since updating the kernel and using RC6=1 (7-10W vs 14-17W).

What is the general consensus on deeper and deepest idle states? Can it theoretically make a noticeable difference to battery life?

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Danners View Post
    I see, thanks for explaining. Is there any other difference between pre-patch RC6=0 and post-patch RC6=1? Reason I ask is I'm getting significantly better battery performance since updating the kernel and using RC6=1 (7-10W vs 14-17W).

What is the general consensus on deeper and deepest idle states? Can it theoretically make a noticeable difference to battery life?

Cheers!
    The consensus is that the only safe power-saving state for our architecture is standard RC6 power saving (RC6=1). Deeper (2) and deepest (4) will lead to sudden shutdowns and should be avoided. Past commenters here have even reported that these states did not improve battery life anyway.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SorryGoFish View Post
    The consensus is that the only safe power-saving state for our architecture is standard RC6 power saving (RC6=1). Deeper (2) and deepest (4) will lead to sudden shutdowns and should be avoided. Past commenters here have even reported that these states did not improve battery life anyway.
    Cheers! I'm quite happy with the battery life using RC6=1, am getting about 5 hours out of each charge which is more than I was ever expecting.

Beans

Do you think this ultrabook ever will be fully supported with Ubuntu? Without a lot of tweaks etc.

Beans

With the rc6 patch all settings other than 1 or disabled causes shutdown in my experience. Using the custom dsdt had no noticeable impact when used in conjunction with the rc6 patch through my testing.

Beans

I'm really thinking about getting one of these units ... I'm more than tempted

I was just wondering if there is any way (other than starting it and checking in the properties) to check if a elantech or a sentelic touchpad is used?

I'd like to buy one online because it's cheaper, but that way it's also impossible to check for the touchpad version, also I'm also not too keen on convincing some computershop guy in opening and booting up a zenbook just to check for the touchpad

regards, max

Page 101 of 195 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast