Thread: Can't find option to install UEC in 11.10

Beans

Can't find option to install UEC in 11.10

Hey Folks.

I'm trying to build a little private cloud as an experiment to learn about these things. I've got 3 old laptops, one for a FE and two nodes. all three are 32bit machines.

I've downloaded the 32bit 11.10 server version, but I can't find the option to "Install Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud"

Anyone know where it's gone?

cheers!
    Jim

Beans

Re: Can't find option to install UEC in 11.10

I'll answer my own question with a quote from the wikipedia article on Eucalyptus

Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud (UEC)
    Since version 1.5 Eucalyptus has been included in Ubuntu and is now the core element of the Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud (UEC).[4] Since version 1.6.2 Eucalyptus has been included in Debian. In May 2011 Canonical decided to switch from Eucalyptus to OpenStack starting from Ubuntu 11.10. [5] Support for Eucalyptus will be available, but OpenStack will be the default.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_(computing)

I didn't find any reference to this on the site. I guess the cloud section of the business/server site has not been updated yet.

Jim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Exclamation Re: Can't find option to install UEC in 11.10

Having a similar problem. Tried testing with UEC back with ver 10 and had the boot option for install UEC... now with 11.10 It is nowhere to be found. I am running in hyper-v do to lack of hardware lying around, but I am very confident that isn't my problem (at this point anyways). I am really lost right now. I have the "install ubuntu server" option and the "enlist system with ubuntu orchestra server" but no install UEC. Someone please help. My IT knowledge has grown quite a bit since 2 years ago when i first tried and I wanted to play again and see what i could figure out. Thanks everyone for your help! I attached a screen snip to show what it looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

LTS releases reccommended (and intended) for production machines and servers and has five year support life (til 2015).

I know this doesn't help your problem but just thought I'd mention ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thank you and I understand, but i also understand some may not.... but i'm really just doing this as a little side hobby thing. nothing major... just trying to grow my knowledge. But I am still completely lost as to why there is no install option for UEC. It is actually kind of sad because ubuntu has nothing but money making "advertisements" about how to use their services on the business section now and nothing about "DIY" like they used too.