Thread: Flashplugin Problem

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Flashplugin Problem

I have been trying to load the Flashplugin-Installer program in synaptic. I keep getting an error and the loader stops. I have included a screen snapshot of the error message. Any help would be appreciated in getting this problem corrected.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CyberPower Gamer Ultra 7209 | AMD Athlon II X2 240 | 6 GB RAM | 1000GB & 500GB SATA-II HD
    ATI Radeon HD4550 | HP 2430 Printer | Ubuntu 11.04 | Windows 7 | ViewSonic VA703b Monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Flashplugin Problem

Try these on a terminal:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge adobe-flashplugin
    sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer
    sudo apt-get clean
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
    If that doesn't help or if you are not familiar with terminal, try Flash-Aid.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Still having problems after doing what you said. See new screen snapshot. Seems the system thinks a i386 version of flash is installed and it is causing a conflict with the 64bit version.
    CyberPower Gamer Ultra 7209 | AMD Athlon II X2 240 | 6 GB RAM | 1000GB & 500GB SATA-II HD
    ATI Radeon HD4550 | HP 2430 Printer | Ubuntu 11.04 | Windows 7 | ViewSonic VA703b Monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by alienexplorers View Post
    Still having problems after doing what you said. See new screen snapshot. Seems the system thinks a i386 version of flash is installed and it is causing a conflict with the 64bit version.
    Try adobe-flashplugin instead.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by alienexplorers View Post
    Looks like there is a conflict between the version you are trying to install and your operating system. Are you running 64-bit AMDt or 32-bit i386? Check to make sure your operating system and the installer version are the same.