Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just put android on my HP Touchpad

Beans

Re: Just put android on my HP Touchpad

I have android running on mine too I started with the "lower your expectations" release and upgraded to "don't link directly the the files". You gotta love these strange release names.

Over all I'm very happy with it, I haven't had any crashes or anything like that, on alpha 1 I had problems that if i plugged headphones I would get sound from both headphones and the speakers, but the alpha 2 seems to have fixed that.

Its a shame with webos, I really liked the "card" method of task switching. but shortage of quality apps was a problem for me, not to mention initial release of webos was pretty slow for me, I read something about excess logging or something, I never really looked in to it properly.

I did buy the touchpad purely to put android on it, so it didn't get used very often till the alpha release of CM, as I already had my Asus Transformer set up to my liking.

My sisters also been playing with it since the alpha release and now and is thinking of buying one, but getting them from 3rd parties looks expensive.
    Desktop:i7 875k|4gb OCZ platinum ddr3 2000|Evga P55 LE mobo|OCZ RevoDrive 50gb|ATI 5850 Black Edition|Silverstone FT02|corsair tx650
    Portable: 13" Macbook Pro 2.8ghz i7 16gb RAM | Asus EEE TF101 | Samsung Galaxy S2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The instruction that I've seen for ICS onto a HP Touchpad all involve a Windows PC (from which to run novacom & ACME2). Has anyone done it using a Ubuntu PC? If so, what changes are needed from the Windows instructions?
    John

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by johnaaronrose View Post
    The instruction that I've seen for ICS onto a HP Touchpad all involve a Windows PC (from which to run novacom & ACME2). Has anyone done it using a Ubuntu PC? If so, what changes are needed from the Windows instructions?
    its pretty much the same in Ubuntu. just navigate to the directory which has ACME2 and type the command the instructions say to run (goes something like "novacom boot mem: << ACMEInstaller2"). Either Windows or Ubuntu, the command is the same. make sure you have all the files needed to install ICS on your touchpad before running the command (the .zip files, such GAPPS and update-CM9-something-something.zip)
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans

I can't install novacom in which to put the ACMEInstaller2. It there a trick to this? Please help. Unless I can do this there will be no Android on my pad.

Quote Originally Posted by u-noob-tu View Post
    its pretty much the same in Ubuntu. just navigate to the directory which has ACME2 and type the command the instructions say to run (goes something like "novacom boot mem: << ACMEInstaller2"). Either Windows or Ubuntu, the command is the same. make sure you have all the files needed to install ICS on your touchpad before running the command (the .zip files, such GAPPS and update-CM9-something-something.zip)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12