Thread: Compiz cube has a glitch when rotates, and looses window focus

Hybrid View

Beans

Compiz cube has a glitch when rotates, and looses window focus

Hi all:

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 with Gnome Fallback Session and Compiz. I also have the cube active, and it works quite well, except for this:

When I rotate the cube, it rotates smoothly, but when the movement ends, there's a glitch, a fast flash with the old desktop, which appears and disappears fast.

Also, the app in the new desktop looses the focus, so I must click again with the mouse in the window to gain it again. This is particularly annoying when editing a text.

Finally, when I open from another program a web page in Firefox, in Ubuntu 10.04 it switched automatically to Firefox, rotating the cube to the face where it was. Now this doesn't happen.

I tried to disable the cube, but CompizConfig Settings fails with a core dump when I try to do it.

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 64bit, with the propietary driver for ATI cards.

Thanks.
    Last edited by raster; October 18th, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Beans

Re: Compiz cube has a glitch when rotates, and looses window focus

Problem here also, actually so bad that i had to go back to wall which I'm sorta getting used.
    This is one current bug on
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/876198

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Yup, confirmed this as well.. Looks like we have to kiss the desktop cube goodbye, easily the most useful tool in compiz, until this is fixed..

I have unity completely removed and am in Gnome Classic and it still is here..

This entire update is a disaster, I'm this close to moving over to any other distro than ubuntu because of crap like this. Give us option conical, don't force your new, worthless crap interface down our throats. If we wanted that we would be windows/mac users.

UPDATE: I found that if you move the window with ctrl-alt-shift left/right and then when yhou get it where you want it quickly let go of shift and just rotate the cube somewhere else the window will stay in place
    Last edited by unc0nn3ct3d; October 19th, 2011 at 05:58 AM.
    Do Daemons Dream of Electric Sleep() ?

Beans

Unhappy Re: Compiz cube has a glitch when rotates, and looses window focus

same problem here, 11.10 64bit, nvidia-current, fallback session and compiz.
    moving window to another workspace makes rest of the windows blink for a second (even though they are on different workspace)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Unhappy Re: Compiz cube has a glitch when rotates, and looses window focus

I have all of these problems as well. It's pretty frustrating.

Beans

Looks like I'm not even going to attempt it, just stick to the desktop wall