Thread: Mint on Pangolin Performance?

Beans

Mint on Pangolin Performance?

Has anyone any experience of installing Mint on a Pangolin Performance? I'm running a mint box pro as my desktop, and would really like to have the same OS on my laptop now.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Mint on Pangolin Performance?

As Mint is based on Ubuntu (unless you are using the Debian version), it probably performs about the same as Ubuntu does. Mint just has a different custom desktop environment (Unity vs. Cinnamon or MATE).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just remember to install the System 76 driver afterwards. You could also just keep Ubuntu and install the Cinnamon desktop environment.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by na5h View Post
    Just remember to install the System 76 driver afterwards. You could also just keep Ubuntu and install the Cinnamon desktop environment.
    If memory serves me, the System76 Driver will not install directly on Mint. The driver is open source and written in python, so you can find out what, if anything, the driver does for your particular hardware and Ubuntu version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jbelmonte View Post
    If memory serves me, the System76 Driver will not install directly on Mint. The driver is open source and written in python, so you can find out what, if anything, the driver does for your particular hardware and Ubuntu version.
    Quote from the System 76 wiki: "The System76 Driver adds support for devices that aren't natively supported by Ubuntu. For some machines this means support for a microphone or card reader. For other machines all devices are supported out of the box. The System76 Driver is also used to restore your system using a standard Ubuntu disc."