Thread: How do i jailbreak ubuntu? Keyring?

Beans

How do i jailbreak ubuntu? Keyring?

For the love of god, what in the hell is this sabotage?!?! I looked it up to no avail with no solution to this god awful problem. When i login or when my session starts this keyring window keeps popping up. Please how do i remove it. I already went into seahorse and removed the passwords but this sabotage keeps popping up on my system, informing me an application wants to use "keyring" without discribing to me What application wants to use keyring, what ever keyring is anyway i have no clue. Please help thanks!

p.s this all started when i used empathy
    Last edited by wakslob; October 18th, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

Beans

Re: How do i jailbreak ubuntu? Keyring?

Did you try giving it what it wants?

The keyring is an application that saves your stored passwords from apps like Firefox, Empathy, etc. Usually, the password the keyring is asking for is your login password. However, if this was the case, i don't think it'd bug you for a password, so the keyring password might be different for some reason. Did you set a password when you installed Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by wakslob View Post
    For the love of god, what in the hell is this sabotage?!?! I looked it up to no avail with no solution to this god awful problem. When i login or when my session starts this keyring window keeps popping up. Please how do i remove it. I already went into seahorse and removed the passwords but this sabotage keeps popping up on my system, informing me an application wants to use "keyring" without discribing to me What application wants to use keyring, what ever keyring is anyway i have no clue. Please help thanks!

p.s this all started when i used empathy
    use a blank password to set up the keyring then it wont bother you any more, use the forum search, there are lots of threads on keyrings issues.
    Intel Atom Dual Core D525 @ 1.80GHz, 1,0GB RAM, Intel Graphics Media Accelator 3150
    Linux User # 478860 Ubuntu User # 24004

Beans

Also, if you have changed your login password since you originally installed Ubuntu, the keyring needs the ORIGINAL password you used, not the current one. If the two are different, that would explain you getting the prompt.
    Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17; MS Win 8.1.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Make sure you disable automatic login, therefore when entering your password upon login it will also unlock your keyring. Hope it helps. I had the same issue.