Thread: Getting Paint to appear in Accessories Menu

Beans

Getting Paint to appear in Accessories Menu

Hopefully this is a simple question, does anybody know how to get Paint to show up under the accesories menu in Wine? I tried pasting it in the same area as notepad (c:\windows) but this didn't do the trick. I'd like to be able to access it from the menu bar instead of having to go into a folder and click on the .exe every time.

If so could the same method be used to make Wine Wordpad show up in the accessories directory? I know I have it installed because I can open .rtf files with it but it isn;t under the wine menu in applications.
    Last edited by krakket; October 18th, 2011 at 09:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Getting Paint to appear in Accessories Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krakket View Post
    Hopefully this is a simple question, does anybody know how to get Paint to show up under the accesories menu in Wine? I tried pasting it in the same area as notepad (c:\windows) but this didn't do the trick. I'd like to be able to access it from the menu bar instead of having to go into a folder and click on the .exe every time.

If so could the same method be used to make Wine Wordpad show up in the accessories directory? I know I have it installed because I can open .rtf files with it but it isn;t under the wine menu in applications.
    You didn't mention what desktop environment you are using (gnome 2.0 or unity), but the method is pretty similar: create a new menu launcher entry using the command line syntax "wine <windows path>".

So for example in gnome.
    1. Right click 'Applications' menu - select 'Edit Menus'
    2. Select 'Accessories' on the left pane - click 'New Item' button on the upper right
    3. Name: 'Paint'
    4. Command: 'wine c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe'
    5. *Comment and Icon optional
    6. Click OK and enjoy.
    Last edited by Tweak42; October 20th, 2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: forgot the wine command :-(
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader

Beans

Re: Getting Paint to appear in Accessories Menu

Thanks a bunch! I'm using gnome 2 so those instrustions were what i needed.