Thread: Asus Eeepc900 and Xubuntu 11.04 - WiFi problems

Beans

Asus Eeepc900 and Xubuntu 11.04 - WiFi problems

Hi,

I am an absolute beginner with Xubuntu and Linux in general (and not that good with computers anyway), so bear with me:

I´ve been using Xubuntu 11.04 on my Eeepc900 for a month now (it´s a used computer), and the WiFi has worked fine until this morning, when it absolutely stopped. I´ve been rebooting a few times and I´ve tried going through the troubleshooting tips in the Help section, and it seems that the Wifi has simply turned off, and won´t turn on anymore (it´s no DNS problem or anything like that). There was no update or anything (to my knowledge), it just went off after the battery accidentally run out. The Wifi light is not on, and turning it on or off from the keyboard doesn´t have any effect.

I´m traveling and have limited access to internet and no discs to reinstall (if it comes to that I might be able to do that If I really really try, but I´d rather not )

EDIT: bought a cable: it´s not a wifi problem, it´s a general internet problem

Any ideas where I should start?

Thank you in advance,

Carolina
    Last edited by Carolina_R; October 17th, 2011 at 08:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Asus Eeepc900 and Xubuntu 11.04 - WiFi problems

Please tell us a bit more about your 'internet' setup....the wifi and wired connection are they through a router?

Are you sure you paid the supplier?

Beans

Re: Asus Eeepc900 and Xubuntu 11.04 - WiFi problems

I'm in a hotel, so can't really tell much about the connection - worked fine for a few days, and then stopped. No problem with the connection: works fine with my cellphone.