Thread: [11.10] Arrange desktop icons & Flash / youtube issue & LID close issue

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Unhappy [11.10] Arrange desktop icons & Flash / youtube issue & LID close issue

Hello community!

This week I have upgraded my Ubuntu from 11.04 to 11.10 and now I am facing a few issues. If anyone knows a solution or a tip, let me know please!

1- (NOT AN ISSUE)
    -- Is there a way to arrange desktop icons like microsoft windows does (like a table)? Ubuntu is PRETTY MESSY (i MEAN it), icons go all crazy in places they shouldn't be and it is not organized.

2- (ISSUE)
    -- Am I the only one having trouble with full-screen youtube flash player? It works for a while and then the image freezes and I cannot control the laptop anymore (When it happens i press F12 and the yakuake save me a terminal, then I can kill the flash plugin breaking it, causing to release my screen).

3- (ISSUE)
    -- On 11.04 I could use gconf-editor to set my lid-close action to "nothing", and then plugging in a monitor I could easily close the LID and the laptop was acting like a desktop. Now on 11.10 nothing makes sense. It is still "nothing" on gconf-editor but whenever I close the LID i get the 'blank screen' (monitor shut off).

Thank you!
    Last edited by micael3000; November 6th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: [11.10] Arrange desktop icons & Flash / youtube issue & LID close issue

Bump

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: [11.10] Arrange desktop icons & Flash / youtube issue & LID close issue

Re-bump...