Thread: Indexing files and folders for them to show up in "files and folders" search results.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Indexing files and folders for them to show up in "files and folders" search results.

How can i index my files and folders for them to show up in the search results of 'files and folders' launcher?

only the files i have once opened previously, show up in the search results.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Indexing files and folders for them to show up in "files and folders" search resu

I've been looking all over for some way to completely index all files/folders, but the closest thing I've been able to find is to install Google Desktop, which seems useless seeing as Unity already has a fantastic file search dialog.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Indexing files and folders for them to show up in "files and folders" search resu

Look into mlocate
    Dan
    I wish my computer would do what I wanted it to do instead of what I told it to do.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Indexing files n folders to show up in "files and folders" unity launcher.

Bump.

i dont think Mlocate will do what i exactly want to achieve.

I think its for general search.

I want it specifically for the files and folders search in the unity launchers.

Beans
    Distro

Hi, I'm looking for the same feature, but it looks like there isn't a way to select what folders/files to be indexed and shown in the Unity Dashboard

The best aproximation to this is to use Unity Place Filesearch, and right now I'm gonna to try it, so I will keep you posted about the result

If you want to give it a try:
    http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/real-...nity-lens.html
    OR
    https://launchpad.net/filesearch-lens

Greetings

Beans
    Distro

okay..

Beans
    Distro

Unity Place File Search does'nt work with Ubuntu 11.10..

it worked sort of okay with 11.04..with some bugs..but they were manageable..

but i've heard it doesnt work in 11.10..

any workaround for 11.10? or any new lens in development for this purpose?