Thread: Problems Installing Lubuntu - Command Prompt

Beans

Problems Installing Lubuntu - Command Prompt

I am trying to install Lubuntu 11.10 on my netbook. However, after the splash screen appears for a period of time, all that I get is a command prompt.

I have tried booting off the same USB stick on another laptop and it works fine.

The same problem is occuring if I try to install or simply run the OS off of the USB drive on the netbook in question.

Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: Problems Installing Lubuntu - Command Prompt

Have you tried adding boot options?
    About problems due to upgrading
    Bringing old hardware back to life.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by rrhutch View Post
    I am trying to install Lubuntu 11.10 on my netbook. However, after the splash screen appears for a period of time, all that I get is a command prompt.

I have tried booting off the same USB stick on another laptop and it works fine.

The same problem is occuring if I try to install or simply run the OS off of the USB drive on the netbook in question.

Hi,

Are you talking about Live Session? or you are talking about a problem after installation? could you please be more specific?

Also, I'd like you to have a look here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lu...tallingLubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by rrhutch View Post

have you tried
    Code:
    sudo start lxdm
    Code:
    sudo start lxde
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.