Thread: How to export 'Installed software' list from Ubuntu Soft. Center?

Beans

How to export 'Installed software' list from Ubuntu Soft. Center?

Ubuntu software center (11.04 version) displays a clean list of installed software. I'd like to save that list. I've found ways to export lists of installed packages, but that's not what I want. The center list only includes actual programs like, say, Audacity which is what I want instead of the full listing of packages installed to resolve dependencies and what not.

The only thing I can think of right now is making screenshots, but that's not very efficient. Is there another way?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How to export 'Installed software' list from Ubuntu Soft. Center?

Quote Originally Posted by wi0 View Post
    Ubuntu software center (11.04 version) displays a clean list of installed software. I'd like to save that list. I've found ways to export lists of installed packages, but that's not what I want. The center list only includes actual programs like, say, Audacity which is what I want instead of the full listing of packages installed to resolve dependencies and what not.

The only thing I can think of right now is making screenshots, but that's not very efficient. Is there another way?
    Code:
    dpkg --get-selections > installed-software
    And if you wanted to use the list to reinstall this software on a fresh ubuntu setup,

Code:
    dpkg --set-selections < installed-software
    Followed by

Code:
    dselect

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Re: How to export 'Installed software' list from Ubuntu Soft. Center?

Thank you, but this is the exporting a list of installed packages I was referring to. It includes a lot more than the software center list.