Thread: No Unity in LTSP with Edubuntu

Beans

No Unity in LTSP with Edubuntu

i'm running edubuntu 11.10 i chose to install ltsp during installation however when i logon on the thin client it just brings up a bar at the top with file, edit, view, go, bookmarks, and help not unity or even gnome classic can someone please help me to get unity on it

Beans

Re: No Unity in LTSP with Edubuntu

bump

Beans

Help Please its urgent i need it for a computer lab im building (at the moment im just testing it with one)

Beans

Here's What it looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Hey There,

Have you had any luck figuring this out? I just posted the same issue I am having with Ubuntu here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1870857

I was playing around with it before work this morning and when I changed the session to Ubuntu 2D at the thin client login screen (under preferences) a Unity desktop came up, but strangely enough the only things missing were the 'File Edit View Go Bookmarks Help' links on the top bar!?!

Beans

I have found a workaround its not ideal but it works. If you install kde from the host pc (opening terminal and typing 'sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop' without quotes ) and then when loading up the client select session from preferences > session > then either KDE Plasma Workspace or Kubuntu depending on your version and it will permanently stay like that for than user