Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MEdia server with web interface

Beans

Re: MEdia server with web interface

Does sub sonic show up in itunes like firefly by chance? Im trying to get a daap server on 10.04 headless server.

NVM

"Works with any network-enabled media player, such as Winamp, iTunes, XMMS, VLC, MusicMatch and Windows Media Player. Also includes an embedded Flash player."
    Last edited by kleverbear; October 31st, 2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: add info requested

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypigs View Post
    Hi,
    but mt-daapd is no longer maintained
    It is still amazing though and available through the Ubuntu repos.

I have tried Subsonic and Jinzora and I like them both. I am currently using Jinzora but that is only because I had been using it for ages and I know how use to it (I also don't like change ). Subsonic is very pretty and very nice though. I think it's embedded player is much better than Jinzora's.

Beans

Subsonic is way better than mt-daap or firefly, i love the ability to sync to a phone and have your own personal cloud of music. damn glad i found this thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Have also been using mt-daapd for years and am very sad to see it not supported in 11.10.

I've been playing with forked-daapd, but

a) it doesn't seem to read my iTunes playlists (mt-daapd did)
    b) it cuts off maybe every 1.5 songs, log file says "connection failed"

if anyone gets mt-dappd to compile, PLEASE post instructions.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kleverbear View Post
    Subsonic is way better than mt-daap or firefly, i love the ability to sync to a phone and have your own personal cloud of music. damn glad i found this thread
    looking at the subsonic page.. does it

a) serve as a DAAP server?
    b) how about DLNA?

thanks,
    Mike

Beans

Jinzora sorts out DLNA, but I removed that after a day as it's next to useless.
    DAAP is apparently handled already by mediatomb, but I've not had any experience with that aspect of MediaTomb.

The latest beta version does add lots of new features to Subsonic (For instance it comes ready set up to handle dual core processors) and I've decided that after trying Jinzora and MediaTomb, Subsonic is the clear winner for me!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypigs View Post
    Jinzora sorts out DLNA, but I removed that after a day as it's next to useless.
    DAAP is apparently handled already by mediatomb, but I've not had any experience with that aspect of MediaTomb.

The latest beta version does add lots of new features to Subsonic (For instance it comes ready set up to handle dual core processors) and I've decided that after trying Jinzora and MediaTomb, Subsonic is the clear winner for me!
    short version is I need a linux equivalent iTunes server.. subsonic definitely looks nice, but doesn't have DAAP server features yet (its apparently on the TODO list, but has been since 2007 ).

Not clear to me that mediatomb is a mt-daapd replacement either...

Beans

Beans
    Distro

I've been thru both of those (and more) years ago.. mt-daapd was by far the most capable. None of the others will "see" pre-existing ratings (from iTunes), nor the already created playlists.

Beans

Well as mt-daapd is now dead in the water it may be time to shift on from iTunes streaming, and switch to something more usable and supported (Sorry if that sounds a little blunt!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast