Re: MEdia server with web interface

I've poked around a bit with Jinzora
    It's pretty stable
    And the best web interface I've found yet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Just to clarify.. do any of the media servers function as both DLNA/UPnP and as DAAP servers at the same time?

Just seeing if there was one which would serve all the "clients" we have running around the house...

thanks,
    Mike

Beans

I haven't found a DLNA/UPnP on the fly transcode server package yet. I would love to find something like that. Im looking to serve all my DLNA (tv/PS3) and transcode my MKV's for those and of course handle my music. SubSonic has video streaming but its web based.

I'm currently running MiniDLNA, Subsonic, Samba and looking to install PS3MS to serve all my needs and last but not least webmin to manage settings on other services. Looked up PS3MS after reading steve54 post looks like a lot of improvements have been made. Looking forward to trying it out.

Damn this variety of devices.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

kleverbear, you should also check out Serviio http://www.serviio.org/. It handles all of the transcoding to my LG tv and works great. It's also written in Java and runs headless so the OP could use it on his Ubuntu server. I think the music/pics support is pretty good as well, at least for DLNA.

Also to the OP,
    You should check out MPD http://mpd.wikia.com. Lot's of different CLI, GUI, and web interfaces. It has the playlist capability you are looking for. It takes a while to get your head around all of the possibilities, but I'm using it to stream to other pulse enabled machines on my lan, plus stream it over the web, and can stream it to my iphone as well when i'm on the go with MPoD.

HTH.

Beans

I'm currently maintaining a DAAP server for Java and I recently offered Subsonic to use it - I have however not yet received an answer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234