Thread: [11.10] Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter

Beans

Exclamation [11.10] Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter

Welcome.
    I have a problem. I have a FUJITSU SIEMENS ESPRIMO Mobile v5535 laptop, installed when you install everything very well, play music, videos play without a problem but I have a problem regarding the graphics. Now this I have integrated graphics Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter, and here begins my problem because the Polish posted a helpful forum that there is no support for my graphics card and nothing can be done. With drivers for Windows I had a beautifully clear screen and now I have the impression that is blurred and huge. Can someone help me?

Greetings from Polish.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: [11.10] Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter

I too am having display problems and i have an motherboard integrated SIS VGA card.

neill@Charles-Ubuntu:~$ lspci | grep VGA
    00:0b.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. 86c968 [Vision 968 VRAM] rev 0
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx PCIE VGA Display Adapter
    neill@Charles-Ubuntu:~$

I have a DELL 17 inch monitor attached and by going to Display I can adjust the resolution 1280x960 (4;3) so if you try the doing the same Look under system settings (displays) Equivalent to right click on desktop in windows Xp and choosing the settings tab) Hope that solves you problem

Beans

But the point is that I have currently a very large screen blurry and I have no possibilities to reduce the smaller. My screen looks exactly 800x600 (as if only after installation), please help because it looks really tragic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hi,

I've got the same Notebook with the same rubbish of a graphics chipset and of course I've got the same problems since my first installation of Ubuntu (I believe, it has been 7.10 or such). On Linux the SIS 671/771 chipset has never been properly supported by Silicon Graphics and there is still no suitable driver in Ubuntu's repositories. But thanks to the great community I was always able to find a 2D-accelerated driver that gives me the native resolution of 1280x800 pixels.

With my Notebook I'm currently on Ubuntu 10.10 but I'm considering an update to 11.10. In order to do so, I'm now looking for an updated solution to my graphics problem again.

So far I've come across this one:
    https://launchpad.net/~acasagrande/+...series_filter=

I think, I'll give it a try. Perhaps this one will work for you too.

Greets
    Detlef

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Mario14125 View Post
    Welcome.
    I have a problem... Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter... no support ... Can someone help me?

Greetings from Polish.
    Guys this issue is being talked here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=958967&page=77

I guess you should go backwards in that thread to get to the solution (it's different for each version ...)
    Last edited by Elzigzag; February 18th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Elzigzag
    Argento de San Luis.